Day 01 - Welcome to Patagonia!

Postby Jeff Probst » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:36:29 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Welcome everyone to Stranded in Patagonia!

First let me start off by saying that this is set up to be one of the best seasons of Stranded to date with a very exciting cast and I hope you all do not take it for granted because you only get one shot in Stranded.

...That is unless you are invited back. Speaking of being invited back, you new players will be joined by 10 Stranded contestants from seasons past that are truly getting a second chance. This is because none of them have played twice. These are players who have made mistakes in the past, not necessarily all-stars.

This is the 3rd time we are pitting new players against second-chance contestants. The first time, the returning players dominated, the second time, the fans dominated. With the game being so evenly matched, it's any-one's guess what will happen this season.

The second-chance players are on the Palena Tribe and will always wear purple. They are:

Brook – Stranded in Costa Rica (Season 17). Brook is just coming off of the latest season of Stranded in which he was voted off just before the merge in 13th place.
    John – Stranded in Costa Rica (Season 17) Also coming off of the latest season, is John who was voted out just before Brook in 14th place.
    Jolanda – Stranded in Costa Rica (Season 17) The final member returning from Costa Rica is Jolanda who was voted off in 10th place.

Jake – Stranded in Greece (Season 15) Jake was voted off pre-merge of our 15th season, Stranded in Greece. He came in 13th Place.
    Ken – Stranded in Greece (season 15) Ken was the second person voted off of Greece. He came in 15th Place.
    Ted – Stranded in Greece (Season 15) Ted made the merge in Greece, but not without his own mistakes. Ted came in 8th Place.

Chase – Stranded in Malaysia (Season 14) Chase played in the 2nd of our first 2 "second chance vs. new player" seasons. He was a new player that time, and now he is back as a returning player. Chase came in 8th Place.
    Fabio – Stranded in Malaysia (Season 14) Also a member of the new player tribe, Fabio is now a returning player. He is also the returning player who went furthest in the game at 6th place.

Russell – Stranded in Cambodia (Season 13) Russell made the merge in Cambodia where he ultimately placed 9th.

Erica – Stranded in Madagascar (Season 11) Erica just missed out on the merge in Cambodia where she came in 11th place.

Conversely, the "new players" have all had at least SOME experience with online gaming in the past. They are all members of the Atacama Tribe which will always wear brown.

Now on to the fun part... The twists do not end here. Please read the partners post for further instructions.

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Partners.

This is the 5th season of Stranded to feature Partners.

Here is how the twist works. You are partnered with someone from the opposing tribe. You can communicate with them here at the arena in a private confessional that the two of you will share. We will never reveal who is partnered with whom, it is up to you whether or not you want to reveal that information to your tribemates.

The last partnership remaining in the game will receive one Immunity Talisman each. The Immunity Talisman is good up to and through the final 5. It differs from the Hidden Immunity Idol in that it must be played before the votes are cast at the beginning of Tribal Council. It is essentially a hidden immunity necklace that can be saved and used at any Tribal Council you'd like. This may not seem very valuable now, but towards the end of the game, when there are only a few people left and 2 of them suddenly have Individual immunity and you do not, it will be a huge deal.

Now for the fun part... on to picking your partner.

Atacama tribe, this is where you come in. I have placed a 5 question survey that you will answer and private message to me. As soon as I receive your survey, I will then post the survey anonymously onto the Palena Tribe forum for the returning players to see. I will omit your name entirely from the survey so they will not know who it is from.

On a first come first serve basis, the Palena tribe members will "claim" which of the surveys they want as their partner publicly. Once a survey is claimed, no one else can take that person on as their partner. I will then reveal to the palena tribe member who selected the survey who it belonds to on the Atacama tribe. I will also tell the Atacama tribe member which member of Palena has claimed their survey.

I will then create your private forum here on the arena.

So New players, you will want to fill out that survey throughly and quickly to ensure that you get a good returning player, and to show to the returning player that you are a partner they want. The more active you are, the more reliable. You will want a reliable partner.

That's it... go.

Re: Day 01 - Welcome to Patagonia!

Postby Russell » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:07:51 pm

OfflineRussell
    Russell Hantz ain't gonna waste this opportunity. I'ma be glad to meet all y'all newbies.

Postby Ken » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:13:59 pm

OfflineKen
    So excited for this <3 I can't wait ^_^

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Welcome back returners! And it's nice to meet all you new players!

Good luck to all of you, though! icon_biggrin

Postby Holly » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:18:54 pm

OfflineHolly
    Oh my, we're playing with returnees?

Postby Dan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:26:57 pm

OfflineDan
    They ain't worth the 1000 dollar shoes on my feet.

Postby Jill » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:28:17 pm

OfflineJill
    Hey guys, Dr Jill's around to help when the returnees start injuring themselves and getting booboos on their toes icon_biggrin

Postby Tyrone » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:31:43 pm

OfflineTyrone
    Hello everyone, nice to meet you all. I hope you vets know how to kick some ass because I am not backing down without a fight. I want a challenge here.

Postby Jill » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:33:59 pm

OfflineJill
    Wait, did I say Dr Jill??? I meant, uh, ER Nurse Jill... hehe icon_whistling

Postby Jimmy J » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:48:28 pm

OfflineJimmy J
    Hello everyone! nice to meet you all. Hopefully we'll get together fairly well.

Postby Jake » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:53:58 pm

OfflineJake
    tysm for inviting me back ^_^ can't wait to start again and meet everyone.

Postby Marty » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:32:02 pm

OfflineMarty
    Hey everybody! Looking forward to a good game.

Postby Brook » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:22:30 pm

OfflineBrook
    Hey everyone, pretty surprised to get a call up for this but very excited about it!

Postby Jane » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:26:10 pm

OfflineJane
    I guess.

Postby Brook » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:28:37 pm

OfflineBrook
    Im lost lol, can we message people here or do we have our own tribe boards that i cannot find?

Postby Brook » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:30:29 pm

OfflineBrook
    nm found it

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Brook... you just played this game like 1 month ago...

Postby Jolanda » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57:10 pm

OfflineJolanda
    Jeff Probst wrote:Brook... you just played this game like 1 month ago...

icon_lol icon_lol

Postby Jane » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:58:11 pm

OfflineJane
    Oh wait.

Next

Return to Tree-Mail