Re: Hey Yve!

Postby Yve » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:54:02 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    I always enjoy going through here and fixing the quotes.

Chase wrote:I'm usually fine with whatever the other person is comfortable with, but I draw the line at stuff that is like one sentence long and is sent back to me just seconds later icon_razz I don't see any reason to confront anyone about their PM style though. Erica caused a bit of a stir over here by calling out some people on doing too much small talk. The guys you used to be with aren't keen on her at all.

Oh boy, how are they doing now? Everyone must feel pretty secure about how they want to vote.

Chase wrote:The usual procedure with a password is:

- lowercase letters
    - no spaces
    - no accented letters

What I intend to look for is something like a river or another kind of natural formation that would be near or cross the Argentina/Chile border. It could maybe be something like the Amazon Rainforest that is across multiple South American countries. I also want to look into the meaning of our tribe names, because in Malaysia each tribe actually had a different password with the exact same set of clues.

It's all good Yve icon_smile We are both figuring all this out as go along, so now that we've agreed to do this it doesn't matter that it didn't happen with the same speed in the past.

I stayed up until around 2 AM working on this, but I didn't get anywhere. But THANK YOU for the tips. I was trying capital letters and lowercase letters for everything last night. You just saved me so much time.

And I heard a rumor that you guys got your third clue tonight. If you break the password, I should be up for another four hours or so at least. I really want to crack it tonight.

Chase wrote:Marty and I haven't really been online much at the same time as me, so I think that might be the main issue. The main concern I had with Brook/John is that I kinda expected that Brook would get attention for his activity levels and that would be problematic to handle. John had the same issue when he was at Palena, it was generally agreed that he was the least active member of the tribe and I'm not sure he managed to catch everyone in the four days he was over here.

Brook was actually doing fine for himself, until you sent this message to me. I think a few other people on my tribe got the message that Brook was up to no good. And I'm sure you can figure out what else happened.

Chase wrote:Brook is fine as long as he believes you are on his side and I am sure that he wouldn't attempt to make that alliance across tribes if he didn't think that about both of us. The main thing is that he doesn't tend to think in terms of challenge performance and so on, it really is strategic connections that he puts an emphasis on.

Without knowing anything about the specific dynamics you have over there those are the two names I would pick. We are almost at the point where you would know better than me and I have faith in you to make the correct call.

Jimmy J is a strange one. Ted kept his Fan Survey in his confessional for storage reasons and passed it onto to me:

Jeff Probst wrote:I'll be honest, I don't care who the hell I'm partnering with, it's going to be the only secret I end up taking to the ship off this island when I end up going. I MIGHT suggest just pairing everyone else up and giving me whoever's left, because frankly I won't be here long enough to matter, but eh.

1. What personality types do you get along with? clash with? I get along fairly alright with pretty much anyone. I've got one primary rule of thumb, though - be a douche, expect a douche. I don't like assholes. I don't like the stupid fucking HBICs that so many people try and fail to be. It's incredibly stupid and pointless, and it's a complete waste. That being said, I'm not going to be here long enough for it to matter, so there's that to consider.

2. Are you typically a dominant personality in most friendships? Submissive? Neither? I'm going to go with option D, all of the above. It depends on who it is. I don't care how it goes. Like I said, I very probably won't be here long enough for it to make any difference at all.

3. What is your strategy in the game? Strategy? STRATEGY?! Where's the roflmao smilie when you need one? That's just laughable.

4. What type of partner are you looking for in the game? One who doesn't mind the fact that their partner is completely and utterly fucked, even before the game's started, just because of who he is. Or, you know, bottom of the barrel. O don't care who it ends up being.

5. How would most people describe you? What are you really like? Uh. Hello? THIS is what I'm really like. Okay, usually I'm more mellow and I've sworn upwards in the thousands of times more often than I usually do over the course of two PMs and a confession post.

So, why on earth did anyone pick him? Was he picked last? He's doing a little better socially, but he was ultimately saved tonight because of his challenge performance.

Chase wrote:I'll try to get hold of the rest if I can. Not surprised that it was Erica who picked him after reading that.

I really want to meet this Erica person. And Ted. They seem fun.

Chase wrote:I'll keep that in mind about Marty. He might have said he was close to you only to try to influence me into being involved in that alliance they offered. If he is legitimate I suppose it doesn't matter, but Wendy Jo contacted me with gossip that Marty was integrating with the Veterans and I haven't heard back from her where she heard it icon_unsure

Well, I'm trying to integrate with the veterans (you), so it's not too big a deal. I was closer to Dan or Wendy over Marty, but Marty over Jane or Jimmy.

Chase wrote:I know right? All we needed to do was win one challenge and Russell would have known she wasn't being sincere. I can see why Jane stood out as someone to vote out after hearing that.

Ugh, she was the worst. But they keep asking about how we feel with her. Like, too many times. Have they ever done an outcast twist in Stranded?

Chase wrote:I wouldn't make a move against Brook unless the numbers are definitely there. Ted seems to think Jill is working with Brook/John and you. It is probably a post-merge move more than anything else if that makes sense?
    [/quote]

I bet you were surprised tonight. All this is for you, Mr. Chase.

Postby Yve » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:54:33 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Almost got through the whole thing without any BBcode mistakes!!

Postby Chase » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:04:42 pm

OfflineChase
    Jeff Probst wrote:Things getting you down, the pressure getting to you?
    Need my assistance? Or are you just going to spew?
    With my help you'll survive a disastrous day
    While an enemy sees their head blown away

This sounds like a war reference to me? Maybe we are looking at some kind of territory dispute between Argentina and Chile over the Patagonia region?

I'll get to rest later since I have to head out soon, but iI will say t was a pleasant surprise to see Brook out <3 gj icon_smile

Postby Yve » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45:24 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    The password is

corcovado

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corcovado_Volcano

I hope you read this in time!

Postby Yve » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:51:09 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    I have NO idea how to play an idol intelligently. I'm afraid I'll fuck it up like everyone else who's ever had one. Please help me help us use it to success.

Postby Yve » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:02:54 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Okay, I'm going to tell someone on my tribe. I hope it doesn't hurt us any.

Postby Yve » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:26:54 am

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Okay, after thinking it over, I haven't said anything to anyone except for you. So if someone comes up to me knowing I have it, I'm going to know where it came from.

That being said, we should come up with a plan. And hopefully you get on here in time to get one for yourself, too.

Postby Chase » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:46:54 am

OfflineChase
    It isn't there now icon_cry So either someone already has it or the password is different on this side. I saw the reference to 'Palena Provence" on that wiki so I am searching now for Atacama volcanoes to see if there is a match.

I have no intention of telling anybody about this, don't worry about that. It'll be our secret. And if you ever have to give it to me to play you can be sure I won't keep it for myself icon_razz

Congrats on getting it! icon_wub

Postby Chase » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:50:00 am

OfflineChase
    Question, if you enter the password in does it still take you to the idol or has it changed?

Postby Yve » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01:59 am

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Oh wow, the password changed.

Thank you for the congrats! I promise to use it for US in this game, and I think it will be extremely beneficial later on.

I'm going to try and keep it on the down low on my tribe. This new password situation may help us keep it a secret. I'll keep coming to you for advice.

But now at least you know that someone on your tribe has it. Please make sure you release that information in a way that does not implicate me/us. I know you're a smart guy, but I'm just hyper paranoid. I'm sure you understand.

Postby Chase » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:13:42 am

OfflineChase
    The only person who knows for sure right now what the password was is us and whoever managed to find it over here. It should be easy enough to conceal the fact that you have it. For all we know it was long gone over here before tonight, which would mean whoever found it decided not to share the secret with their own partner, so that reduces the risk of someone knowing it is gone for sure at Atacama.

I understand icon_smile I've been in your situation before, having an immunity idol can be both a blessing and a curse. A split vote over here isn't going to happen anyway and I won't attempt one because that would lead to questions about why it is necessary. Unfortunately I'm going to miss the events tomorrow so I'll have to hope the vote here works out. I could throw my vote to the 2nd option I suppose.

Postby Chase » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:08:32 am

OfflineChase
    Yve wrote:Oh boy, how are they doing now? Everyone must feel pretty secure about how they want to vote.

I think everyone is used to the situation now. Mostly they were all wary they could get picked off on both tribes, so Brook being voted out has helped removed that dynamic. Tyrone is going to be out soon for sure, the other three have integrated in well.

Yve wrote:Brook was actually doing fine for himself, until you sent this message to me. I think a few other people on my tribe got the message that Brook was up to no good. And I'm sure you can figure out what else happened.

Yeah I can figure it out icon_razz Brook isn't a bad guy, the problem is he always plays the exact same way and his style has a habit of creating all kinds of drama, so it isn't something I would have been keen on in the pre-merge game. It was a good move to take him out, maybe he could have helped us, but most likely he would have caused us trouble that we really didn't need. It is a very good development for us <3 icon_smile

Yve wrote:So, why on earth did anyone pick him? Was he picked last? He's doing a little better socially, but he was ultimately saved tonight because of his challenge performance.

I have no idea. From what I remember Ted picked Jill's survey first, then Erica went for Dan's survey but switched to Jimmy J as Fabio posted that he also wanted Dan's survey like a second or so after. Erica probably identified with the desire Jimmy J seems to have for chaos and being all OTT, she is quite similar to him in a lot of ways tbh.

Yve wrote:I really want to meet this Erica person. And Ted. They seem fun.

I'm sure Erica would be good value to watch from the outside icon_laughing And Ted is an interesting guy. It is hard to describe him.

Yve wrote:Well, I'm trying to integrate with the veterans (you), so it's not too big a deal. I was closer to Dan or Wendy over Marty, but Marty over Jane or Jimmy.

OK it appears Wendy Jo got some gossip from her partner Jake that Marty was doing that, but it was probably about something else entirely so it isn't an issue.

Marty got back to me at last after he saw Brook had been voted out. John told him that it was Holly/Ken who were behind it.

Yve wrote:Ugh, she was the worst. But they keep asking about how we feel with her. Like, too many times. Have they ever done an outcast twist in Stranded?

We got asked about Jane in our confessionals too, but we got no questions about Brook so hopefully it is nothing to worry about.

They have done Outcasts before. My knowledge of most of the seasons is very limited, but I know that the season which used the Gabon & Tocantins Cast had two players return at the Final 12, both of whom ended up being the next two boots. In the original All Star season I think there was also a variant of the Outcast Twist where there were three tribes, two of which attended Tribal Council each round. Every round one of the two previously voted out would get to return.

Yve wrote:I bet you were surprised tonight. All this is for you, Mr. Chase.

I was surprised. And I loved it icon_wub

Previous

Return to Chase & Yve