ORGY Updates

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:44:08 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    k, so I did the first one, and I'm passing on the baton ;__; I probs won't manage to get deep into PMs till post-merge anyways.

If you can keep the same style for each episode it would be great. Just quote my post to see all the tags, but general shit on that front.

-Colors help non-players remember who is from what tribe, I'm using color=burlywood for Atacama, and indigo for Palena, since the actual hex codes don't look right on that board. Whenever I mention a player or Tribe by name I used the colour plus bold tags.

-align=center is king. Remember you need to /align before any quotes, and realign after it.

-Obvs with quotes stick with ones all players have seen. You can drop private ones in so long as they are totally harmless, (never from confessionals, but from tribeal forums.. hmm, it's a tightrope to be certain if it's a good idea) such as John's "here's a rock" ones :D Attribute it to ???? rather than anyone in particular.
    -Never post vote counts or even hints to how close it was pre-merge. Post-merge it's open Season since all will have seen em ofc. Maybe even the flash reels can be linked to?

Eh, what else? Make it sound epic and fun - remember these are also advertisements for future Seasons. Try get a good range of quotes in each round, noteworthy ones always, but other ones that set the mood and give people a glimpse of the characters here too. e.g. I would have skipped some of the ones I used but I wanted to show JimmyJ's attitude, and that JimmyT existed.

Lots of images help it not become a wall of text, but a wall of images can be just as dull. mix it up. Same with allowing it get too info-heavy, quote-heavy, or humour-heavy. Keep it varied and interesting.

I will repost whatever ones you make over to the Aussie board. Also maybe they could go on the sucks board in The Stranded Club too?? idk about that though. It's never been done, plus I never really post there & don't know the community, so idk how it would go down.

I guess use this thread for drafts. Good luck, you will be awesome I am sure! icon_yes

Re: ORGY Updates

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:47:03 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Feel free to ignore any and all of this as you develop your own style ofc icon_razz

Re: ORGY Updates

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:26:06 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Orrrrrr, you can do em like with Costa Rica, - hold off - then release all eps back-to-back after the final vote but before the winner reveal :D Then you can put as much info in as you like :o It could be like a first draft of a follow-up fanfic.

If you opt for this you should still write em as you go. Trust me.

Return to Planning