Swap.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:46:56 am

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    I think I figured it out. I can explain it tomorrow, but its another play on the "Survey Says" thing we've done both times before.

Re: Swap.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:41:16 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    You never did explain :P

Also, was this not to happen at F16? We're gonna hit F15 now with the double boot :o

Postby Brenda Lowe » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:11:18 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    With uneven numbers, I was gonna toss out the possibility of offering mutiny instead of a shuffle? But bearing in mind how the prisoner dilemma challenge went down, I'm not sure it would have the same impact as it did in Malaysia. Apart from Jill & John somewhat, does anyone even know they are on the outs?

Erica does, but she's a goner for sure at this point..

Postby Helen Glover » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:29:56 pm

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    I feel like PrisonerDilemma/Mutiny back-to-back not bearing any fruit would be kind of anti-climactic. Not to mention essentially becoming Malaysia 2.0.

An uneven swap can't be too damning, can it? Regardless of whether it's a pick 'em or random, they're walking into it 8-7 so leaving with the same 8-7 configuration with different people on each tribe should be alright.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:54:43 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Do you think the survey will be too obvious? Most of them are going to call it. It would be crazy to see this happen and have them once again have absolutely no clue.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:02:43 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    The swap was not intended to be done with uneven numbers. I don't think we should do it. (There was some serious non-communication from me/Jeff re: this.)

Postby Brenda Lowe » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:23:11 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Can it work at 14? What is it anyways? Totally in suspense here.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:26:16 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Brenda Lowe wrote:Can it work at 14? What is it anyways? Totally in suspense here.

It was supposed to be the China swap, 4/4. But it really doesn't work well unless you do exactly half the players swapping at F16 or F12.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:29:53 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Mmm. Yeah. That's logistically a non-runner.

I saw an interesting one earlier in the year, where instead of a pick-em, you did a send-away-em. Either with captains or schoolyard chain style, you take turns putting a player onto the other tribe. It could stir up a lot of "wtf he doesn't want me on his tribe??" thoughts just pre-merge to poke the beehive some.

It also opens the door to people paying their allies on the other tribe favours by sending them a partner or an ally.

If there's no better idea, it could be worth a run here.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:30:51 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    With only 3 boots left to go, I just don't see the point. We can save the China swap for FvF4, and just run this one till the merge.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:50:05 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Carl Bilancione wrote:With only 3 boots left to go, I just don't see the point. We can save the China swap for FvF4, and just run this one till the merge.

Which one are you planning on doing? Or are you not doing one at all? This game is pretty boring right now, and I don't think anyone is expecting a swap tonight, but it would be the perfect time to do one, regardless of uneven numbers. My interest is fading quickly. Doing a swap this Sunday would be really hot because it only gives them 1 night to figure shit out.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:51:49 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Mia Galeotalanza wrote:
    Carl Bilancione wrote:With only 3 boots left to go, I just don't see the point. We can save the China swap for FvF4, and just run this one till the merge.

Which one are you planning on doing? Or are you not doing one at all? This game is pretty boring right now, and I don't think anyone is expecting a swap tonight, but it would be the perfect time to do one, regardless of uneven numbers. My interest is fading quickly. Doing a swap this Sunday would be really hot because it only gives them 1 night to figure shit out.

3 boots is totally enough time for it to be worthwhile. WIthout a swap, we're just going to have 2 boring alliances clashing at the merge, rather than 4 or 5 different sets of allegiances mixing together. I think you guys should do at least something...

Return to Planning