Twist Discussion

Postby Helen Glover » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:11:00 pm

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    Jeff/Brenda, are we still considering the assassins twist in-line with the partner twist? Or is it a throwaway now?

Re: Twist Discussion

Postby Jeff Probst » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:11:45 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    We're saving the assassin twist for it's own season.

This season we have too much going on with partners and new vs. old. I think it's best saved for its own season.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:50:39 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Just throwing this in here: For the love of god, NEVER use the Safari twist from Aussie Stranded. It's the fucking worst.

Postby Helen Glover » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:57:09 pm

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    May I ask what that even is?

Postby Jeff Probst » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:07:59 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Well anyway, we're starting this season out with the two tribes thinking it's fans vs. favorites like the others. letting the favs select which fans htey want to be partnered with secretly. then we're swapping the tribes on sunday.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:09:17 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Helen Glover wrote:May I ask what that even is?

The winning tribe sent a member of their tribe to the losing tribe until after the next Tribal Council. That player would be able to vote in the losing tribe's TC, but they would be immune. It completely sucked because all it did was let the voter from the other tribe cast a vote for a stronger player on the losing tribe, which just lead to one tribe continually losing. Granted, this was done in a 3 tribe format, but it still sucked and flopped as a twist in my opinion. It's a bad idea.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:10:05 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Jeff Probst wrote:Well anyway, we're starting this season out with the two tribes thinking it's fans vs. favorites like the others. letting the favs select which fans htey want to be partnered with secretly. then we're swapping the tribes on sunday.

So they're not even going to compete in anything as the initial tribes? This will be fun. And I thought the Round 3 swap was bad...

Postby Jeff Probst » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:14:42 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Yea I liked the idea of fans and favorites, when that was speculated for the real show and I think it was a missed opportunity for them. I'd like to see what happens when theyre mixed from the beginning.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:19:14 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Jeff Probst wrote:Yea I liked the idea of fans and favorites, when that was speculated for the real show and I think it was a missed opportunity for them. I'd like to see what happens when theyre mixed from the beginning.

Are you planning on putting equal numbers of each on a tribe?

Postby Jeff Probst » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:26:01 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Mia Galeotalanza wrote:
    Jeff Probst wrote:Yea I liked the idea of fans and favorites, when that was speculated for the real show and I think it was a missed opportunity for them. I'd like to see what happens when theyre mixed from the beginning.

Yes.

What we'll do is have the new players fill out a 5 question deal and then post them publicly. They will be numbered, but wont reveal the players name. The favorite will then pick which questionaire they want to be partnered with and we will privately reveal who it is to them and remove the questionaire from the picking slot so no one else picks it.

We're going to divide the tribes based on when they were picked. Alternating so that no partnership ends up on the same tribe.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:27:17 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Mia Galeotalanza wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but it'll work like this.

-Players begin to arrive
    -Fans will be asked to fill in a brief questionnaire (which they will be told is for settling the partners?)
    -Once all completed, faves will pick the answered questionnaire they like the most, and be partnered to the fan that filled it in on a first come, first serve basis.
    -The first pair settled, will have the fan on Atacama, and the fave on Palema
    -The second pair settled, will have the opposite
    -This will alternate as each fave picks a fan

So yes, we'll end up with five and five on each tribe, all partnered to someone from the far tribe

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:28:35 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Sounds awesome. What happens with no-shows on the fans? Are the favorites just screwed and stuck with them anyways?

Postby Jeff Probst » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:28:41 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    But do keep in mind that they will be completely unaware that the tribes will be mixed until sunday night, so it must remain a surprise.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:28:43 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    lol. What Jeff said^

When will the shuffle happen?

Postby Jeff Probst » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:29:11 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Mia Galeotalanza wrote:Sounds awesome. What happens with no-shows on the fans? Are the favorites just screwed and stuck with them anyways?

Yea, It's first come first serve with the apps so... the sooner they pick the less likely theyll be stuck with an inactive.

Postby Jeff Probst » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:29:45 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Brenda Lowe wrote:lol. What Jeff said^

When will the shuffle happen?

We'll do the shuffle a little early to let the tribes get used to one another before the first cahllenge (like 2 hours before lol) and then do the challenge and go from there.

Postby Helen Glover » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:03:39 pm

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    I love it. And major ditto on the F&F versus FvF.

My only question is: will having Fans and Faves separate for the entire weekend make it more likely that Fans and Faves will band together as groups and try to decimate the other group within their switched tribe? Particularly since the partner twist won't do anything to counteract Fans or Faves sticking together after the swap.

I agree that it's probably a risk worth taking, but just wonder if there's another approach that would do less to encourage the overt 5v5 rivalry on each tribe by keeping them separate until shortly before the challenge. (One World? With 20 people? What chaos.)

Postby Jeff Probst » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:16:38 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Helen Glover wrote:I love it. And major ditto on the F&F versus FvF.

My only question is: will having Fans and Faves separate for the entire weekend make it more likely that Fans and Faves will band together as groups and try to decimate the other group within their switched tribe? Particularly since the partner twist won't do anything to counteract Fans or Faves sticking together after the swap.

I agree that it's probably a risk worth taking, but just wonder if there's another approach that would do less to encourage the overt 5v5 rivalry on each tribe by keeping them separate until shortly before the challenge. (One World? With 20 people? What chaos.)

I think its okay because a lot of the favs will have beefs with one another and several of them are notorious traitors (john, ted, russell, chase, etc...) And I'm sure the fans wont have any attachment either.

For the record, the fans are being partnered with the favs just on opposite tribes. SO there will be incentive to work together.

It's an experiment. I don't know if it will work, I dont know if putting them together for 3 days will make them bond beyond repair once we split them apart, but that's the exciting part of it.

My guess is, the favs will be all over the place on the first few days and when they split up, they wont be expecting it and will have to scramble yet again, this time taking account who they trust amongst themselves... I know if I was a fav, I wouldn't trust the other favs to stay loyal... not with who we have.

Return to Planning