Final Words

8th Place

Final Words

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29:45 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Wow! What a way to go! Two whirlwind tribals and it took an idol to take you out!

(also, hello "Bill!" I was Dawson in Aussie Stranded.)

Here is where we'd like you to look back over the game and share any thoughts you can't post in Ponderosa. What did you learn from this experience first and foremost? Any regrets about the last vote or your game in general? Who are you rooting for and against?

How did your experience in the *real* stranded compare with Aussie Stranded?

Re: Final Words

Postby Jill » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:48:03 pm

OfflineJill
    Well, that pretty much sucked!

Yve has got us all snowed, I absolutely did not think she had the idol... I assumed she would have used it by now. It was a fantastic way to go though, very exciting!

Hey Dawson! How's it going girl! icon_razz

I really didn't expect to be gone, but I think going out in a flash of glory like that is better than what would have happened to me, either being voted out unceremoniously at 4/5, or being a goat. I think I was dead in the water from pretty early on in the game unfortunately, and even though I tried my best to claw upwards, there was only so much I could do.

I do have certain regrets about the game, I think everyone thought I was just a sheep that wasn't playing for myself... I've browsed Ponderosa and there's not a lot of respect for me there. I understand it because I was definitely quieter than players like Russ, Jo and Dan, but I certainly think I was playing the game and a much higher level than they gave me credit for.

This game was a lot lot lot of fun to play but I am disappointed that I didn't get to play at the same level as I was in the Australian season Cote d'Ivoire. I think being absent for the first four days definitely cost me seeing as I wasn't able to make those early bonds I needed to make. Timezones were also tough because I wasn't able to have quite as much back and forth conversation as was necessary. Ah well, I think if it weren't for that idol I maybe could have gotten a bit further but I'm not too disappointed :)

Re: Final Words

Postby Jill » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:49:12 pm

OfflineJill
    Also how lol is it that I played "Bill" in Cote d'Ivoire and "Jill" in Patagonia... Bill/Jill... cray.

Return to Jill