DVD Cover

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:31:55 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Jeff will totally make his own call on this, but I'm interested in the other hosts opinions too.

Who were the 6 most impactful players? Not necessarily the best players, but who shaped the Season and had the biggest stories. Hell the F3 don't even have to feature.

I'm thinking Yve, Holly & Jolanda for sure.
    I'm less sure about Tyrone, Jake & Kenny rounding it out.

(Brook, Chase, Fabio, Jake, John, Jolanda, Ken, Erica, Russell, Ted, Dan, Holly, Jane Jill, JimmyT, JimmyJ, Marty, Tyrone, WendyJo, Yve)

Re: DVD Cover

Postby Jeff Probst » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:26:28 am

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    This is hard because it's such a weird season... for me Holly, Yve, Jolanda, Ted, Ken, Jill/Jane/Chase most likely.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:28:19 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    I would cut Holly, imo.

I agree with Jolanda/Yve as locks, and I think Ken should be up there.

You should throw in Jane or Erica for the hell of it.

Postby Helen Glover » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:39:38 pm

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    Jane and Erica should totally be team captains next season.

I agree with Brenda's locks. Make it a blu-ray style cover with 8 instead of 6 and give it to: Holly/Yve/Jolanda, and then smaller sizes of Ted/Jake/Tyrone/Ken/[Russell or Chase].

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:19:17 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Outside my locked three of Yve/Holly/Jojo, let's see;

Brook, Fabio, JimmyT - just no.

Marty - I actually forgot about Marty till I finished this post. Which just about explains why no to a cover spot.

Jane, Erica, JimmyJ, John - yes they have each been stars one way or another, but too early to impact once you remove the LL stuffs.

Jill, Dan, Russell - each would actually have a shout to be on there for good floater/UTR play but end-result is nothing really worked out for them or enough big moments to put them in top six. In another game perhaps, but not enough against this cast.

Chase, Ted - Yes big characters and heavily involved in the pre-merge portion boots of Brook/John/Fabio etc, but Jake & Yve kinda fill that slot plus more, even if Ted/Chase had the bigger hands in them.

So for me that leaves these four;
    Jake - Finalist, emotional, underdog at one point even wanted gone by his allies. A few clutch wins plus an idol. More of a power player than anyone, including himself, is giving credit for.

Ken - Finalist, "spearheaded" some big moves (or where they happening anyway?) both successful and not, would have been a boot over on NuNuPalena and has actually had quite the cochroach arc what with constant targeting, two idols used on him and the talisman.

Tyrone - Yeah I'm definitely in the minority here, and his early game wasn't much but loyalty to his alliance, buut since merge round so much of the game has revolved around him. Him not wanting the talismans and running the targets back to Jo & Ho, surviving the tie, him getting the talisman in the end icon_laughing His arc of goat-being-dragged to Jury threat boot. I think his unlikely hero arc makes him worthy of a spot.

WendyJo - Now I know Mia won't like this one icon_razz But again, so much of the game revolved around her. Most importantly Jolanda's "flip" and the knock-on effect. Also she was totes the cause of the 4-4-4 split. Her wanting to flip so bad. All the NuNuPalena madness that never came to fruition. The cross tribal alliance. the list goes on.

So yeah, for me; Yve, Holly, Jolanda for sure, plus three of Jake, Ken, Tyrone & Wendy-Jo. I guess if one of the guys locks the win they should be a lock for the cover spot too icon_lol

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:35:51 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Yeah, Tyrone's final words seal the deal for me. I think out of that seven, Jake probably gets dropped. Ugh I hate that though, maybe Ken gets dropped. idfk, this is too hard.

Return to Blogs