Episode 12

Postby Carl Bilancione » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:52:48 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    In the words of Arya Stark - "Anyone can be killed."

This is completely up in the air right now.

Re: Episode 12

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:00:55 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Carl being a GoT fan is all I care about right now. icon_wub

(also Carl what was your original season?)

Postby Carl Bilancione » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:04:02 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Mia Galeotalanza wrote:Carl being a GoT fan is all I care about right now. icon_wub

(also Carl what was your original season?)

Mongolia. Season 5.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:37:56 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    What a hot pair of TCs. Awesome points of the night go to Yve for pushing the other players into doing it publicly, good woman yourself.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:29:33 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    So reading around, both Dan & Russell are aiming for an F3 and boot order of Ken > Jake/Yve > Yve/Jake > Jolanda > F3 of Russell Dan Tyrone. That is all well and good until Tyrone does not want that at all icon_laughing

However, he feels like Jolanda is the only one he can trust, plus if they target Ken first - that might be enough for him to go along with it for this round. But does that then set up Jol & Ty to "flip" back to Jake & Yve at 6?

Without the players even knowing it, the game is quickly settling into there being three pairs in Ty/Jol, Russ/Dan, Yve/Jake, which leaves Ken as the odd man out.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:47:19 am

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    I don't think there's a risk of a tie at F6 this season because of everything being so messy.

(Also, Yve/Tyrone/Jolanda is looking highly likely as an F3.)

Postby Brenda Lowe » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:17:44 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    I was gonna post this in the lurkers but it's too much for open ID. I'll leave it here instead.

Brenda wrote:Recap for the bettors. Remember double night incoming so people are all planning two boots ahead plus back-ups :o

Ken is in more trouble than he knows. He feels like he has a good shot of making the end but is afraid the Jury hates him now. If he could play that up it might lessen the target that is squarely on his back from most :o From where I sit he could actually win if he got there, people see him as a jury threat, and if he survived and those people became Jurors they would credit him for it.

Dan is solidly under the radar, but with only seven left his name is inevitably popping up. Only immunity will absolutely guarantee his safety, though he might squeeze by without. If he gets past the double, he is golden for the finals methinks. Good enough to win? idk. If he gets there with who he wants to be there with then yes, maybe just about. If he gets there with who he doesn't want well that's extra allies as jurors so again he might pip it.

Yve McSocialGoddessa has been majorly impressive pretty much all game. Add that perfect idol play in and she should be the biggest Jury threat. Only one other player sees this and has wanted her out since merge for it. The idol prevented that. Everyone else is pretty much under her spell and some even see her as a walkover at FTC. lolnope.

Jolanda has pretty much smashed the game out of the park since round three or so. You go gurl! I *believe* she ought be safe for the double. But after that is murky waters.

For all the circumstantial fortune and his times being very close to being the boot, Jake has still pulled off some shrewd moves (even if they tore him up a little to do it). While the likes of Yve we as hosts can see where she is being fake with someone, Jake has very little of that. He seems to make the most genuine bonds across the cast - although maybe not enough of them - but just maybe they'll be enough to keep him safe.

I love Tyrone in this. He probably won't win let's be honest. But he is still a great character. Extremely loyal and in the Lisa mold from CR - only with a sarky side to him. He absolutely did not want anything to do with the talisman and now he has the last one in the game icon_lol He has plans to get to the end, but they are based around loyalty and trust more than how he could win when he gets there, and I think this is exactly why he won't win. Loyal players are very rarely rewarded compared to more flashy strategians.

Russell is really stepping it up at just the right time. he's very purposefully taken it easy and not overcommitted for a large portion of the game. Always on the verge of flipping but never quite doing it until Holly. Now though he has big plans and is pushing them into motion.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:17:16 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Idoling Jolanda is suuuuuch a stupid move- they're walking themselves right into a purple rock with Russ/Dan/Tyrone and booting the one person who might be able to flip on a logjam.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:47:26 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Someone is going to have to fill me in on what Jake's idol is doing. Are they idoling Jolanda tonight, or waiting?

Postby Carl Bilancione » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:47:41 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Hopefully Jake's being honest with Ken when he says they're going after Dan first tonight.

Postby Helen Glover » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:04:40 pm

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    Wait, he wants to idol her at F7 tonight? Jolanda actually seems willing to vote Dan first tonight (though if Yve isn't for it she'll subliminally fuck it to all hell).

Take out Dan at 7 and Yve/Jake should be all but guaranteed to be in the majority at 6 with their choice of teaming up with Jolanda or Ken to run to the end--with the option of stringing Tyrone along. idgi

Is this all because Yve is doing some ridiculous double talk for what she thinks are her best interests to prevent Jake from doing X and plant seeds to do Y? A substantive confessional from Yve would really help right now...

Postby Carl Bilancione » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:06:13 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    They need to vote out Dan or Russ here. Idoling Jolanda at F7 makes absolutely no sense because they back themselves into a corner at F6 since they lack any leverage.

The question is whether or not they need to play the Idol on Ken in the F7 round. And that depends entirely on who Jolanda sides with here.

Edit: Why are Ken/Jake not thinking of blindsiding Tyrone if he doesn't play his Talisman? They don't benefit at all from his goaty-ness.

Postby Helen Glover » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:12:09 pm

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    Nvm I was jumping to conclusions. This really is Jake's plan. Yve has been quiet except telling Dan she wants Jake out? Lol

I can't blame Jake for playing the idol on Ken because it really does come down to a will-she-or-wont-she with Jolanda, but dammit, play it right and he should be guaranteed F3. Although I'd suspect Yve will try to pull something against him before the end.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:20:36 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Rooting for Jolanda so hard in this challenge. I'd hate to see here go out like this. Yve, Jake, and Ken are such buffoons to go 3/3 into the final 6.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:40:56 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    And she wins! I would have been so pissed if Tyrone had pulled that off, because he would have kept immunity and his talisman and Jolanda would have been screwed.

I wonder if they'll go through with the Russell vote, or maybe take out Tyrone and his talisman to force the other side not to use a goat and to get rid of a talisman? That's what I would do for sure, and they'd be stupid not to.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:53:08 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    I hate that Jolanda is going tonight because Dan couldn't bother to show up.

Postby Kim Mullen » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:49:02 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    God this sucks. My two favorites gone in one night, one at the hands of an idol, and I wasn't even here to post the Britney gif for it icon_cry icon_cry

Yve NEEDS to win now.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:02:08 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Was Jake a star tonight or was Jake a star? I'd vote for him now easy,

Postby Brenda Lowe » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07:55 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    And by that I have no idea if that was good or not strategically, but just laying it all out at TC - pre-explaining his reaonings, it is very endearing to me.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:47:26 am

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Jake's confessional just ruins hims for me. Maybe he'll get lucky and the jury won't see his hesitant side, but he's just frustrating for me to watch.

Return to Blogs