Episode 14 - FTC

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:03:19 am

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Congrats on making the Final 3! icon_mml

So, I don't have much to ask you, because it all comes down to the wire now. Use this space to prepare some thoughts about why you should win, or write your opening speech or whatnot.

But most of all, good luck!

Re: Episode 14 - FTC

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:17:24 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Yupyup, GJ on getting this far Gurl. I do hope you will use your FTC to explain how Jane leaving affected your game. Or at least, who started it, and exactly how you're planning to finish it. icon_laughing

Now, questions. How do you rate your chances at winning here? What's your plan of attack for FTC? Would you vote for you?

Gimme a runthrough of the final Jury and how you think they are thinking to vote, and how you plan on making those votes Yve votes.

Also what happened with Tyrone/Ken at F4? Yesterday you said you could beat Tyrone but not Ken - yet you vote to go to the end with Ken and not Tyrone? How come?

Postby Yve » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:52:16 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Hello, everyone! I'm going to make this brief, because I'm sure most of what you want to know will be in your questions, and no one likes walls of text. It's just a synopsis of how I played the game from my point of view.

You all have a right to hear how I played this game from my perspective. I started this game on a team of new, masked, players. From what I saw, it looked like Dan and Holly were in control of the tribe, with Jill and I tagging along and Wendy Jo/Marty as our fifth. It was a pretty solid alliance with a very solid boot strategy, and I felt very comfortable in it. I loved all of the conversations I shared with Holly, all of the plans I had with Jill, the getting-to-know-yous I had with Dan, and all the scheming Wendo Jo and I did. But it all ended pretty abruptly when Atacama became:

Jill, Holly, Yve, Fabio, Jake, Ken, John, Brook, Jimmy J, Jane

Let me back up a bit. As soon as the partner twist was revealed to me, I decided to go full-throttle into it. There was no way I wasn't taking advantage of having a close friend on the other tribe to share stories with, and eventually work together! Because of my genuine closeness to Chase, I was able to build relationships with Fabio, Brook, John and Ken. Holly/Jill/and I all cemented our alliance at that time, too. Holly and I vowed to protect Jill, and we did all the way until the second swap. Jimmy J and Jane were pretty easy boots. Brook, too. I was pretty safe because of my closeness with Holly, and my relationships through Chase with the vets.

Then the second swap hit us, and the tribe became:
    Marty, John, Fabio, Yve, Jake, Chase, and Ted

Even though I was the only 'newbie' on a tribe full of vets (and Marty), I was in a very safe position. After Brook left, I got closer with John (so he didn't flip to Palena at the merge). For some reason, Fabio left the game. I feel like John was making a power play at the last minute, and no one really knew how to react. Fabio leaving gave me an in with Jake, though. And him and I finally bonded and teamed up after rounds and rounds of just voting together and liking each other. It was magic. You all know what happened next, John lost his mind and was voted out. Marty lost the challenge for us, and we voted him out next. Only Jake, myself, Chase and Ted remained. Thank god for Chase, too. He protected me along with his partner, Ted. I really wish I had more time to connect with Ted through the game, but we were robbed of that opportunity pretty quickly.

Merge happens.
    Tyrone, Dan, Jolanda, Yve, Russell, Jake, Jill, Ken, Holly, Chase, Ted, Wendy Jo were left in the game. Twelve people, lots of private messages. icon_laughing

I learned very fast that Atacama was going to be booted one right after the other. I had been blessed with previous relationships to build off of from all the people who came in and out of Atacama, so I wasn't going to be the first out. Apparently Chase and Ted were being targeted because of their social and challenge skills. Up to this point, I had kept my strength in challenges. Always proving that I was worthy of staying another round because I would be useful in them. My social skills were okay, but I was friends with a lot of people. So I made an active decision to remain quiet and bad at challenges. I would not win a challenge, and I would not send more PMs than I needed to. No sense in sticking out in a tribe about to be decimated.

That plan worked through the Wendy Jo, Ted, and Chase votes. But after I saw what was happening, I decided that my best option was to pick a side and stick with it. I chose Holly's side. And Jolanda's, and Russell's. What I thought was forming was a four-person alliance between me/Jolanda/Holly/Russell with Tyrone as a fifth. I decided that this was the alliance that I was going to stick to, because these were the people I genuinely liked and could also get me to the end with them. I figured Holly would fight to save me over Russell in the end, because we had been through so much. Apparently, Russell saw the same thing. I underestimated how smart he was at picking up social clues, and it cost Holly the game.

A coup was formed without my (or Jolanda's) involvement. Holly was blindsided, and so was I. I had heard about the vote from Jake and Ken, and even Russell. But since Russell had promised to stick with us, I decided to stay with the group. Immediately after I was blindsided, the group then decided to vote me out 4-3-1. Thank god I had an idol. Jill, the vote against you wasn't personal. It was because that's who Jake was targeting. But you all saw every bit of my thinking during that tribal council, when I publicly asked who to vote for. Fun stuff.

At this point, I decided to step up my game. My previous strategy of laying low was obviously not working anymore, because it almost got me voted out of the game. I spoke to people a LOT more (especially Jolanda, Tyrone, Ken, and Jake), and worked my ass off in challenges that I needed to win.

Final seven, and I had two options. Stick with Jolanda/Tyrone or Jake/Ken. Because Jake/Ken were in the bottom 3, against the powerful foursome of Jolanda/Tyrone/Russell/Dan, I decided to stay with Jolanda. It was either the same day, or the night before, when Jake came to me saying that he had an idol. Because of this, my game shifted dramatically. Ken and Jake's first choice for a boot was Jolanda, but she won immunity. The next person in line was Russell, and he was idol'd out of the game by Jake. Jeff gave us the clue to a new idol, and I found it immediately. I didn't need it, though. With Dan gone, the votes to get rid of one of Jolanda or Tyrone were there. And because Tyrone used the talisman on himself, Jolanda was the only choice to make.

At the last moment, I thought of using the idol on Jolanda and booting Dan. But I figured that my position with Jolanda was fragile after blindsiding her ally Russell, and that she may work together with Jake and Ken (who would be mad at me for saving her) and boot me fifth. So, I decided to give it to Ken instead. So that he would feel better about keeping me at the final five (thanks Jeff, for rubbing that into him during that tribal council. Never writing a confessional again).

Dan and Tyrone approached me for a final three deal. They said that I wouldn't be able to beat two vets in a tribal council, because the jury was partial to a vet winning. I really considered switching to them, but not because of the vet thing. But unfortunately, before I could put any real thought into it, I started getting messages from Jake and (especially) Ken about how I was Dan/Tyrone's target. If I was to flip now, they would have the proof they needed to grab Ken. Then they wouldn't need my vote at all. And besides, if I had booted Dan it would have been a tie at the final four, and I wasn't going to risk my game for that.

As soon as I won the final immunity challenge, I went to Tyrone saying "Vote for Ken." I thought Ken would definitely be voting for Tyrone, so I wanted to force a tie to save him. Tyrone wanted to be in the final three more than anyone. Jake and I decided around the time of Jolanda's boot that we would boot Ken at the final four. And so I thought the votes were Jake/Tyrone - Ken, and Ken- Tyrone, that I would throw another Tyrone vote in there. Most final four ties are determined by a challenge. They both deserved to go to the end, so I wanted to help give them that shot! But Jake switched his vote too, so here we are.

So that's my game described as briefly as I could do it. I've truly enjoyed playing with you all, and I can't wait to hear all of your questions for me!

Postby Yve » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:57:20 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Brenda Lowe wrote:Yupyup, GJ on getting this far Gurl. I do hope you will use your FTC to explain how Jane leaving affected your game. Or at least, who started it, and exactly how you're planning to finish it. icon_laughing

Now, questions. How do you rate your chances at winning here? What's your plan of attack for FTC? Would you vote for you?

Gimme a runthrough of the final Jury and how you think they are thinking to vote, and how you plan on making those votes Yve votes.

Also what happened with Tyrone/Ken at F4? Yesterday you said you could beat Tyrone but not Ken - yet you vote to go to the end with Ken and not Tyrone? How come?

Oh yes, Jane is the biggest part of my FTC strategy. I hope I get her vote!!!

I really don't know how my chances are right now with this. My opening speech is a bit long, and I did do a lot more dirty work than Ken or Jake ever did. They may be really bitter with me.

I really don't know who is voting for who right now. I hope I get a few votes.

Tyrone was guaranteed a few jury votes, especially from the way the jury was responding via emoticons to the things he had been saying. I felt like it was smarter to just remove the last member of Palena (aside from Ken), just so that he didn't get the dreaded confirmed-palena votes. Ken is pretty hated by them all, so it seemed like a no brainer. He's better with speeches than Tyrone is, though. But personally, I'm happy to be here with Ken.

Postby Yve » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:20:15 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Just now remembering who these people are. They'd definitely be bitter just for the sake of being bitter.

Ugh, got to put my self-esteem shield up. icon_biggrin

Postby Yve » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:24:39 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Yup, I've totally lost this game. Especially with this wonky voting format.

Congratulations, Ken! Or Jake. I'll still keep answering questions, though. Even though Ken is clearly more eloquent than I could ever be. I'm super proud of him, though.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:46:19 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Wonky how?

And don't give up, there is nearly a full day to ~werk this~ gurl!

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:46:58 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Also do please keep dropping a blow-by-blow of your FTC experience in here :D

Postby Yve » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:16:56 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    It's the only place I can vent my terror.

Postby Yve » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:37:20 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    The longer this Tribal Council gets, the drunker I get. icon_wink

Postby Yve » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:55:14 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    I only drink when I play ORGs, by the way.

Well, it's all over. Except for some stray answers and comments from my friends in the final two, it should be an easy day tomorrow. Hopefully.

Oh god, I hope they all voted. Or at least a majority has been reached.

I truly loved this game, and all of you. And I should have my fallen comrades done before the vote tomorrow.

Postby Yve » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:57:41 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    From what Tyrone said, it looks like Ken has this game won. Still super proud of him! I don't regret keeping him in the game for a second.

Postby Yve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:31:03 am

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Uh oh. Asking for a tie breaker vote... I know it's something you always do, but asking for it the next day is a bit scary.

Voted for Jake to win, because if it couldn't be me- I'd be happiest with him.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:00:41 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    *psyche* I wouldn't do a thing like that?

icon_mystery

Postby Yve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12:43 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    icon_laughing

The game is never over. Trying to convince Jake and Ken to vote for me if there is a tie-breaker. I'm happy I was on so early today, it gave me a head start.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:16:12 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Indeed, I've already been reading your PMs icon_laughing

Postby Yve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:35:57 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Reasons why Ken is winning:

Tyrone wrote:n fact, it made you think you were the shepard of the others while they kiss up to your ass and bring you to the final three to lose to you.... if you indeed win this. I want you to use the money to...

Jeff on GTFO wrote:But .. wait wat, all of a sudden he is a Jury threat? he has been loyal and steadfast and a reliable ally to half the Jury. . or at least, so Ken is telling Yve & Jake icon_biggrin

Ken wrote:They should keep me tonight because I simply can not win. As much as he would be the most ridiculous winner in Stranded history, Tyrone would win. The jury makes it no secret that they are completely bitter and adore him. As much as we hate to admit it, these bitter cunts would vote him to win.

This is the same Ken who spearheaded the Holly Blindside icon_laughing

Y'all are super subtle. icon_wink

Postby Yve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:38:48 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Thanks for using my pretty avatar, though. icon_wub

Jeff on GTFO wrote:We have our final three,

ImageImageImage

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:45:17 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Don't question my edgic build-up, I only use what is public perception :P

Also derp I used your good pic and based the other two on that.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:45:52 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Also I am not Jeff :/

Next

Return to Yve