Re: Day 27 - Final Tribal Council

Postby Chase » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:01:45 pm

OfflineChase
    Congrats Jake, Ken & Yve <3 icon_wub

This is a very unusual scenario for me. If I had to pick the three people who I wanted to make it to the end the most after being voted out, you three are the players who I would have chosen. I've had strong connections with each of you since the game began, even though we weren't always on the same tribe. Right now I have no idea who I am voting for and it has been difficult to figure out what to say tonight. I'm assuming that any questions about your actions after I was voted out have already been answered in your Opening Statements. Aside from that there are a few questions I am keen to get answers about:

What was the most defining moment of this experience for you? It can be positive or negative. Then I want to know what you learned or gained from this moment, how it impacted the rest of your stay, depending on when it occured.

If you lose this jury vote, what would you attribute that to? What decision or decisions did you make that in hindsight should have been different?

Which six contestants from this season would make a hypothetical DVD Cover?

Jake & Ken, what was the biggest advantage and biggest disadvantage to playing this game as a returning player? Yve same question, except from the perspective as a first-time player in Stranded.

Good luck guys icon_smile

Postby Yve » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:02:01 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Ted wrote:Yve, I'm pretty sure there are quarantine laws against that sort of thing, but they are pretty good.

I trust that you won't poison me.

Postby Ken » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:02:15 pm

OfflineKen
    Ted wrote:
    Ken wrote:
    Ted wrote:Okay:

Hi guys. Congratulations on making it to the final three. I have to say there are no hard feelings, but at the same time, there are no warm and fuzzy feelings either. Yve, idk why I would give a vote to you, and Jake/Ken, idk how I can justify giving a vote to yet another Helios member.

Now, my questions are open to all of you, and I must stress you should NOT lie!

Open question: What is your definition of a racist comment.

Yve, true or false, you wanted this final three alliance to be named "The Lynch Mob".
    Ken, true or false, you didn't think Tyrone could beat you, you just wanted an all-white final three.
    Jake, true or false, you didn't actually think Holly was a HBIC, you were all just frustrated that she voted for a white person at the merge TC, and not Tyrone or myself.

Bonus points:

Prove you are not racist, and compliment my CHOCOLATE pancakes:

Good luck to all of you.

Well a racist comment does not even have to contain a racial slur in it. IF the context of what was said has under or overtones of racial bias, that is a racist comment. It's never about the words you use, but the context in which they are intended.

False, I really did think Tyrone would get votes from bitter jurors. I have seen some crazy shit go down at ftc's where a favourite to win completely bombed, and then a terrible player who did not deserve to win almost did.

I have to admit, those are some good looking pancakes. I love to cook but my cooking is never that neat. I am a very sloppy and scattered person. As I connoisseur of food, I can honestly say those look good.

Thank you for your answer, Ken. This is the most honest so far.

I will add, though, that Tyrone was hilar, and I would have voted for him at FTC.

Well I did promise honesty icon_razz

Frickin' awesome, beard btw! Mine is starting to be tainted by grey hairs icon_cry

Postby Ted » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03:19 pm

OfflineTed
    Mine's got a tinge of the ginge in there. I'm pretty sure that will be the first part to go grey.

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Thank you ted.

Postby Tyrone » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:15:20 pm

OfflineTyrone
    Chase wrote:Congrats Jake, Ken & Yve <3 icon_wub

This is a very unusual scenario for me. If I had to pick the three people who I wanted to make it to the end the most after being voted out, you three are the players who I would have chosen. I've had strong connections with each of you since the game began, even though we weren't always on the same tribe. Right now I have no idea who I am voting for and it has been difficult to figure out what to say tonight. I'm assuming that any questions about your actions after I was voted out have already been answered in your Opening Statements. Aside from that there are a few questions I am keen to get answers about:

What was the most defining moment of this experience for you? It can be positive or negative. Then I want to know what you learned or gained from this moment, how it impacted the rest of your stay, depending on when it occured.

If you lose this jury vote, what would you attribute that to? What decision or decisions did you make that in hindsight should have been different?

Jake & Ken, what was the biggest advantage and biggest disadvantage to playing this game as a returning player? Yve same question, except from the perspective as a first-time player in Stranded.

Yeah I think I wonder if they forgot about poor Chase here

Postby Ken » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:19:55 pm

OfflineKen

Hi Chase! Glad we could avenge your boot icon_wub

I think a defining moment for me in this game is when Wendy Jo called me out in a pm for targeting her. It was the one time I really stopped and reflected on my strategy and I had to ask myself why exactly was I targeting her? She was actually the most honest Palena 3.0 member to me. She admitted to me that initially she did want me out when we first swapped, but then dropped it. I am always paranoid in orgs, but what I learned from that is sometimes you really can just take someone at face value like you could with Wendy Jo. I think she was one of the most honest players in the game.

If I lose, it is probably solely due to my social game. I am no shining gem to talk to. I can e very boring in conversation, and I know that. Last year when I played stranded I felt like I was much worse, so I am gradually improving on my social skills. But I am definitely weak in the social area, and it will cost me tonight, I feel like.

The first 3 I would pick for the DVD cover are the 3 finalists. I don't think I have to justify that icon_wub The next 3 would be Holly, because she was a powerhouse in the game strategically and was terrific in challenges. She will be one of the more memorable players this season and I can see her getting asked back to play again. Jolanda, for similar reasons to Holly. She was a very big character as well. A lot of people's strategies revolved around her. Then there is Russell Hantz, the joker. He was the comic relief of the season.

Probably the biggest advantage to returning to stranded is as returning players, we know some of the challenges we should have expected to see. Now with that being said, did I actually apply this advantage very well? Not at all icon_laughing I studied nothing about Patagonian culture even though I expected a word search about it. The disadvantage is it was open id. If someone does not really like who you are outside the game, they will be less inclined to work with you.

Postby Yve » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:20:50 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion

Thank you, Chase!

Although I had several defining moments in the game (the first day of the merge after being at the ever-tainted Atacama for the entire game, meeting you and creating a legitimate partnership without knowing each other at all and it working out for us, and losing you/Ted/Wendy Jo right in a row), but my most defining moment in this game was playing that idol when I was going to be voted out of the game. Up until that point, I had been lying low. EXTREMELY low. I couldn't speak up about anything, and I couldn't target anyone. I could only make sure the vote wasn't for me. And then when the game was finally over for me, I used the idol and hit the reboot button on my game. At that moment, I feel like people actually started respecting me as a player, and acknowledging what I must have done to survive 15/17 tribal councils in this game. Yeah, I've voted at least fifteen times in this game, and I've only been immune against the vote three times (Immunity, and and idol). And with that respect came the ability to actually openly strategize, and make moves against people to set myself up in the final three with two allies that would never go against me.

If I lose the jury vote, it will be upsetting. But I respect the jury's decision to pick the best possible winner for this season. If I do lose the vote, I would definitely attribute it to my quietness in the game. I'm sure they can all understand why I did it, though. Coming into a 12-person merge with a 4-person tribe is bad enough, but when most people are openly targeting two members of that tribe for their outspokenness and challenge abilities? You shut your mouth and do what you're told until the opportunity arises to actually do something with yourself. I bided my time, worked hard to make sure I was never the main target for a boot, and then I saved myself when my time ran out.

Who would be on the six-person cover? Well, the final three has to be there, right? So, Me/Jake/Ken. Jolanda would definitely be there, too. And Russell, he was probably one of the best strategists we had this season. Holly or you would be my pick for sixth, just based on my own personal fondness for you two. So, I'm going to go off of actual boot order and pick Holly. Of course, I'd be just as happy to see you there.

Chase wrote:Jake & Ken, what was the biggest advantage and biggest disadvantage to playing this game as a returning player? Yve same question, except from the perspective as a first-time player in Stranded.

The biggest disadvantage is that none of you know me outside of the game. Most of you have histories with each other, some of you spanning years and years. For all you know, I'm a complete stranger. You don't know anything about my gaming history, and you don't know anything about me outside of the game. This makes it SO DIFFICULT to establish a connection with a 'vet' that could be in any way comparable with their relationship to another 'vet.' This, of course, goes hand-in-hand with the advantage to being new- none of you know me or my game. Maybe if some of you knew who I was, I wouldn't have made it as far as I did? Maybe some of us would've been closer (I know that one is true icon_sad ).

Really, any advantage or disadvantage you can find between 'vet's and 'first-time players' would be a superficial one. The reason is that there is no real, genuine advantage or disadvantage for anyone based on how they entered this game, or the people they knew before hand. Everything in this game happened because of how we all played it, not from how we all had played it in the past. That's why All Stars and FvF games are so interesting! You never know what's going to happen in the way of alliances and friendships.

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Alright, Thank you Chase!

Mama Hoho, it's your time!

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:24:38 pm

OfflineJake
    Jeff Probst wrote:
    Wendy Jo wrote:So congrats r in order. This F3 imo is STELLAR! I love and respect you guys so much. But I want to see the claws!

I need you guys to tell me why your opponents should lose. Pick there game apart if u must. Ridicule them!! You want my vote? Fight for it.

Jill annoys me. I actually want to slap the shit out of her. She doesn't know this but now she does. Plz write me a passage explaining how and why she sucks. The nastier you r the better ur chances are at receiving my vote.

Finally. Did you guys honor the deals we had together? THow far would you have allowed me to go had it not been fot the rock?

Good luck

I didn't want to say anything bad about the two of them unless asked, so here we go. Ken should not win because he was on the brink of leaving many times and was only saved by the actions of others. At the final 9 it was more Holly being targeted than it was Ken being saved, at the final 7 I saved him with an idol (if I didn't, Jolanda & I "agreed" to get him out before the final 5) and then at the final 5 because things were so hectic and if given more time we might've changed our minds. And once more at the final 4 bc Yve and I separately decided to change our votes to Tyrone. I did so bc of the juries reactions to Tyrone- I thought he could win. Yve should not win because I don't believe that she was ever really in control of any votes and more did what her allies asked her to do for the round. I also think she was out of the loop on quite a few post-merge things and had to be filled in by me or someone else, there were many people that lacked trust in Yve.

I really don't enjoy being rude to people ('s faces) so I'm probably not going to answer it like you want. But I will say that I also got annoyed with Jill. What bothered me the most is that she would constantly survive on Atacama without putting any work in (I helped her to survive, so I can't really complain). Even people like JJ or Jane who were crazy and were liabilities actually put work in and showed up. Then when she went to Palena I constantly heard about her pushing for all the Palenas to stick together & it bothered me bc she would be in a great position for doing absolutely nothing. I guess that was just me being jealous of her. On top of that, she never really PM'ed me, even after she proposed a plan to get out Holly. I had to get the details from other people- so that is the reason she bothered me, and why I got her out when I did.

Once I found out that you wanted to stick with the Atacamas and that you were risking your own game to turn against the majority that the Palenas had- I had a lot of respect for you doing what your heart wanted and was grateful for all that you had done for us. If it was up to me you would have went far, I didn't really have intentions of getting you out. ur my girl <3

Postby Chase » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:24:39 pm

OfflineChase
    Thanks guys icon_smile If Jake is going to catching up later then we can move on.

Postby Holly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:25:54 pm

OfflineHolly
    Congratulations. The three of you did what the rest of us couldn't. Play a ridiculous game and not get voted out. Actually hold that thought, Wendy played ridiculously and didn't get a vote against her when she left. Since everything seemed to go down the shitter since the merge, I suppose I have to find some way of enjoying tonight.

Ken - You were a decent enough player to start. I remember the joy when you passed being second boot and then when you past the 15th place. There was a great friendship there which I expected from you and all was well and good, on both tribes. Although on Palena things quietened down a touch but that's expected sometimes when there's a switch and you're trying to build new connections with people you hadn't met or hadn't seen for a while. But we were still good.

Then the merge hit. You turned into a completely different person. Your overzealous attitude and general arrogance, culminating up to my ouster was absolutely disgusting. Even after that watching from the jury I saw nothing but a pathetic, weak minded little rat who was either deluded into thinking he had some high place in this game or was just trying to save his own stupid ass every single round because he had nothing too solid to lay back on. You were saved by immunities on nights when you should have gone. You were supported by stupidity, one can only look at how well turning on me went for them, they're here with me in the jury. You seem to convince yourself that things were a certain way to make you think you were in a better position then you ever actually were OR to justify your stupid actions. Thinking I was never 100% loyal to you was one of these.

You seem settled that you cannot win this game and I will assure you that I sure hope that is the case as well. A Palena heavy jury and you the only Palena sitting there, not going to happen.

My question to you is why were you so caught up in lying about things or were you really trying to say what you thought was the truth? You claimed to me that any talk of the Talismans was on Tyrone but was that another ridiculous cover to hide the fact that you were gluttonous and selfish?

Jake - As with Ken, we had a good relationship together at Atacama but we had a swap and apparently that meant to you to ditch all prior relationships and stick 100% to your new tribe. But again, the merge does some crazy things and it appeared you were avoiding me, particularly after Wendy left. The agreement we had between our partnerships, once one of them was broken did you have no care at all to work for the three?

Apart from your interactions with me, it seemed you never took too much initiative. I only heard once about you actively going out to make a vote go the way you want and I'm not sure that was even real. Was it your plan to come off as lacking backbone and any kind of leadership qualities? Should we have voted you out when you single handedly cost us a challenge we almost came and won twice?

Yve - I'd told you a number of times you were one of the most fun people to talk to. But nothing of it, initiated by you, gave me any sense of you having a "game brain". Its all well and good to be a great person to talk to but when it comes to winning a game and really showing you did something to make things happen, I saw nothing from you. In fact, I barely ever saw you. You said yourself you were worried about your activity, do you think it will become an influence here tonight and that it was a reason you got dragged as far as you did? How can I justify voting for someone who seemingly wasn't in the game to win said game?

You won the final immunity, albeit a time slower than what most of the jurors could have achieved, and you only just beat me when I gave you all an half hour head start. It really was a case of the best of a bad bunch when it came to that. You found an idol and played it uselessly. If you want to play an idol, play it on someone it will work on. If you wanted to show you found an idol, keep it in your possession and bring it out at a better time, like this FTC for instance, keep it hidden and say "Hey, I had the final idol" and look for a bit of support through that. That, to me, made no sense, particularly when it was obvious who was getting votes.

Right now, my vote is completely undecided so this next task is going to be an interesting one. Throughout this FTC, I've been compiling a table of points on the three of you with 6 columns: For Jake, For Ken, For Yve, Against Jake, Against Ken, Against Yve. I want you to rank these columns as to which will have the most to least points by the end of tonight (up to and including your final statements so you may want to keep this in mind). You will get 1 point for each one ranked correctly and will lose a point for each place that is off. (So for example if the one you guess as the most is actually the least, you lose 5 points) and whoever has the least negative points (because let's face it, I don't expect any of you to get things right now) by the end of it will be a greater chance at my vote. In the event two columns have the same amount, I will accept answers for both positions the tie would cover (e.g. if two tied for first, I would accept if one was picked as 2nd). I can't guarantee it but it will factor in a lot in my final decision, christ, its not like I have many other reasons to legitimately vote for any of you.

P.S. Fuck you guys for not letting my YMCA vote comments finish

P.P.S Fuck Jeff for not reading two of the YMCAs

P.P.P.S Wendy Jo is CRAAAAAAAAAAAZZYYYYYYYY

P.P.P.P.S. Chase is an ass.

Postby Holly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:26:10 pm

OfflineHolly
    Yes, its long. dwi! ^_^

Postby Ken » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:33:29 pm

OfflineKen
    Holly wrote:My question to you is why were you so caught up in lying about things or were you really trying to say what you thought was the truth? You claimed to me that any talk of the Talismans was on Tyrone but was that another ridiculous cover to hide the fact that you were gluttonous and selfish?

I lied to you because I felt like you were doing the same to me. Simple as that. I never claimed to be some beacon of honesty in this game, and if I did, it was a lie icon_lol I am most certainly not sitting her now saying I played with complete honour and integrity. There were only a small group of people that I was honest with. You were not in that group. I saw you as the biggest threat to win, so I knew when we made an alliance on Atacama it was only a temporary thing. As for the talisman, I honestly did not give a flying rats ass about the damn thing. Every time I had brought up Tyrone to get the boot I seriously just wanted him gone. This is the main reason I used it right away after getting it. IT meant nothing to me. I had a good laugh about not caring about my partner at all yet managed to be part of the last pair standing icon_lol

Postby Holly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34:44 pm

OfflineHolly
    That's not it Ken. There's more for you to do.

Postby Ken » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:35:22 pm

OfflineKen
    I am doing part 2 of your question separately btw.

Postby Jake » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:38:01 pm

OfflineJake
    Ted wrote:Okay:

Hi guys. Congratulations on making it to the final three. I have to say there are no hard feelings, but at the same time, there are no warm and fuzzy feelings either. Yve, idk why I would give a vote to you, and Jake/Ken, idk how I can justify giving a vote to yet another Helios member.

Now, my questions are open to all of you, and I must stress you should NOT lie!

Open question: What is your definition of a racist comment.

Jake, true or false, you didn't actually think Holly was a HBIC, you were all just frustrated that she voted for a white person at the merge TC, and not Tyrone or myself.

Bonus points:

Prove you are not racist, and compliment my CHOCOLATE pancakes:

Good luck to all of you.

k, I get that, we haven't spoken in a really long time, but the times that we did I enjoyed- and I valued you as an ally & friend.

I think if involves a really nasty racial slur or talks about people hanging upside down with forks in their asses then that's just too much and would be considered very offensive.
    False. Holly was an HBIC and was someone that I feared immensely.

Those don't even look like chocolate pancakes icon_rolleyes I don't like pancakes anyways, but if it's worth your vote then those are the most fucking delicious pancakes I've ever seen icon_yes

Postby Ken » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:43:13 pm

OfflineKen
    For Ken:

Ted

Against Ken:

Tyrone, Jolanda, Holly, Russell, Dan

For Yve:

Dan, Tyrone, Jolanda, Russell, Jill, Chase, Holly

Against Yve:

Wendy Jo

For Jake:

Wendy Jo

Against Jake:

Ted

Postby Holly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:44:40 pm

OfflineHolly
    Ken, I think you misunderstood. You are to rank the columns themselves. The points are made by anyone.

For example:

1. Against Jake
    2. Against Ken
    3. Against Yve
    4. For Jake
    5. For Ken
    6. For Yve

^_^

Postby Yve » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:46:04 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Holly wrote:Yve - I'd told you a number of times you were one of the most fun people to talk to. But nothing of it, initiated by you, gave me any sense of you having a "game brain". Its all well and good to be a great person to talk to but when it comes to winning a game and really showing you did something to make things happen, I saw nothing from you. In fact, I barely ever saw you. You said yourself you were worried about your activity, do you think it will become an influence here tonight and that it was a reason you got dragged as far as you did? How can I justify voting for someone who seemingly wasn't in the game to win said game?

I'm sorry you feel that way, Holly. But thank you for saying I was fun to talk to, most of my favorite conversations were between you and I. I'm sure you remember all of the strategies we utilized when we were BOTH in a position of power back on Atacama. You and I worked hard to make sure we were in control of the votes. I don't know how loyal you were to me, but you were my #1 at that point. Completely. At the merge I went to you, and something was different. You were holding something back from me, and you weren't going to let me in completely. Yet. Ted and Chase were going to be the first two boots, and I decided that instead of letting that defeat me, I would take advantage of the two rounds where I was safe. My activity level was completely strategic. I never missed a challenge once in this game, and I never missed a vote, either. If I had spoken up even once, and actually targeted someone who wasn't Ted/Chase, I was risking my game and I would have lost the trust of everyone. So, I decided to stay quiet. Very quiet. When you and Jolanda approached me about a final four with Russell, my game finally started to look up. So, I began PMing everyone a lot more. I felt safer, and I was really happy that you were actually letting me in on an alliance with you! If Russell hadn't flipped on us, I guarantee that I would have been just as PM-active as I became after You/Jill were booted. I just never felt safe before, so I needed to stay quiet to stay alive. Especially when the reasons for booting people from my diminishing tribe were because of their 'social' games, or 'challenge' skills.

Holly wrote:You won the final immunity, albeit a time slower than what most of the jurors could have achieved, and you only just beat me when I gave you all an half hour head start. It really was a case of the best of a bad bunch when it came to that. You found an idol and played it uselessly. If you want to play an idol, play it on someone it will work on. If you wanted to show you found an idol, keep it in your possession and bring it out at a better time, like this FTC for instance, keep it hidden and say "Hey, I had the final idol" and look for a bit of support through that. That, to me, made no sense, particularly when it was obvious who was getting votes.

I admit, I'm not the best person at challenges. But to be fair, according to the time-stamp of the challenge, I completed it in a half hour(9:01-9:31). I might be mistaken on that, so don't hold it against me if I'm a little off. I was lucky to be against people that couldn't make it past the third lock in the time it took me to complete the whole challenge. I'll admit that in the back of my mind, I knew that booting Jolanda, Dan and Russell would make the challenges a lot easier for me. I did win a challenge, too. Final six, with Jolanda/Dan/Tyrone/Jake/Ken all participating. Granted, the final part of the challenge was tailored for me, but I won fair-and-square.

I played the idol to save myself, I don't think that's useless. Removing Jill from the game gave me an opportunity to move to the position I'm in right now, so I don't think it was wasted, either. The final five idol didn't need to be used, I know. But I knew that Dan/Tyrone would definitely go to Ken to remove me from the game. Using the idol on Ken was more of a guilt-trip to not vote for me at the final five than anything else. Jeff actually called me out on that in the next TC. The second idol wasn't about keeping anyone safe, it was about assuring Ken's vote in the final five. Most of this happened after you left, so I can understand why you wouldn't know all of it. I held my cards close to me most of the time.

Holly wrote:Right now, my vote is completely undecided so this next task is going to be an interesting one. Throughout this FTC, I've been compiling a table of points on the three of you with 6 columns: For Jake, For Ken, For Yve, Against Jake, Against Ken, Against Yve. I want you to rank these columns as to which will have the most to least points by the end of tonight (up to and including your final statements so you may want to keep this in mind). You will get 1 point for each one ranked correctly and will lose a point for each place that is off. (So for example if the one you guess as the most is actually the least, you lose 5 points) and whoever has the least negative points (because let's face it, I don't expect any of you to get things right now) by the end of it will be a greater chance at my vote. In the event two columns have the same amount, I will accept answers for both positions the tie would cover (e.g. if two tied for first, I would accept if one was picked as 2nd). I can't guarantee it but it will factor in a lot in my final decision, christ, its not like I have many other reasons to legitimately vote for any of you.

That's actually a pretty amazing system. I'm just going to be optimistic about it, because I feel like you like me as much as I like you.

For Yve
    For Ken
    For Jake
    Against Jake
    Against Ken
    Against Yve

PreviousNext

Return to Tribal Council