Postby Carl Bilancione » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38:59 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Well, that was quite the exit, no?

Re: Welcome, Jill!

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:40:11 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Damn girl. Crazy way to go. I was booted last season at the Final 8 as well. Except I had an idol that I didn't play because I thought a bluff would be enough to save me. icon_chaos

Postby Jill » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:42:12 pm

OfflineJill
    Hey guys! That was crazy!

I feel like I have to apologise to almost every single one of you guys here, I understand that a lot of you probably didn't respect my game but that's because it didn't benefit any of yours. Hope there's no hard feelings from any of you, it was a game! Love to hear from you all though and hopefully I can get to know you all a bit better :)

Postby Ted » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:02:42 pm

OfflineTed
    Jill wrote:I understand that a lot of you probably didn't respect my game but that's because it didn't benefit any of yours.

There is no reason why our games shouldn't have benefited each other.

You're the AT&T of partners.

Postby Jill » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:09:13 pm

OfflineJill
    I don't understand the reference...
    But what point was there for flipping to your side? I was with Jolanda, Dan and Russell for a final 4 deal, but I had plenty of options within Palena, everybody wanted to work with me. Flipping to you would have instantly killed 5 jury votes and made everyone mad for me, and it would have been pointless... I didn't want to flip just for the sake of flipping.

Postby Ted » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:18:09 pm

OfflineTed
    Who did you vote for on the revote at F12?

Postby Jill » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:22:05 pm

OfflineJill
    You.

Postby Kim Mullen » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:23:24 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    I actually really liked your game Jill and you were my pick to win for the past couple of rounds. Your gameplay reminded me of mine, actually icon_chaos

Postby Ted » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:23:35 pm

OfflineTed
    You're the Telstra of partners.

Postby Chase » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:15:33 am

OfflineChase
    alol Ted <3

Idk if it is as simple as that though. Like yeah we were disconnected from each other the entire game and clearly you didn't need me to make that move on Holly. The only problem I had was that socially you didn't seem to want to bother with me at all icon_razz I knew both you and Holly for the shortest amount of time, but she was someone I would have gladly voted for at the end and you were not because she understood the social aspect as well as playing a solid strategic game.

Postby Jill » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:17:23 am

OfflineJill
    Ted wrote:You're the Telstra of partners.

A reference I understand icon_wub

But so mean icon_cry

Dude, why would I risk my whole game and immediately cancel ANY chance of getting at least four jury votes by flipping on my whole tribe just to get an immunity talisman that would put a huge target on my back? If it made the most sense to align with you, I would have... but it didn't. Get used to it. Just because you were my partner didn't mean I owed you anything, because that doesn't matter in this game.

And thanks Kim, I do think if it wasn't for a freak idol I would have made it a lot deeper, potentially final 3, but I doubt I was winning this game unfortunately.

Postby Ted » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:41:37 am

OfflineTed
    It's not about throwing your entire game down the drain for your partner, it's about keeping your own partner around long enough to get the talisman for yourself and then cutting your partner's throat at the next opportunity. That kind of success is a great argument at FTC - which is why my vote will probably go to either Ken or Tyrone if either make it to the end.

Postby Jill » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:01:59 am

OfflineJill
    Ted wrote:It's not about throwing your entire game down the drain for your partner, it's about keeping your own partner around long enough to get the talisman for yourself and then cutting your partner's throat at the next opportunity. That kind of success is a great argument at FTC - which is why my vote will probably go to either Ken or Tyrone if either make it to the end.

And how exactly would me flipping to you accomplish that, so you can get the talisman and use the alliance I flipped to cut my throat at the next opportunity? That's stupid. If I were campaigning for you to stay I would have been immediately suspicious, why am I trying to keep my partner around? I've obvs got my eyes on the talisman. Anyway, the talisman automatically makes you a target, it's not even that special. Tyrone himself specifically said he didn't want the talisman, and did everything in his (miniscule) power to try and keep Ken... didn't work out too well for him.
    Ted you don't have a very accurate outlook on this game, which is understandable seeing as you have been on the outside looking in for the whole merge period, and I understand that... But don't act like me voting you out was stupid.

Postby Holly » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:24:02 am

OfflineHolly
    So Ted, if Jolanda and I were the final partners and not Ken/Tyrone, would you be saying the same thing about almost assuring your jury vote at the finals?

Postby Brenda Lowe » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:34:37 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    I think the hosts had more appreciation for your game than the players here Jill, on account of we could see your delicious confessionals of what was running through your mind at any point. You were more fun to watch when the whole picture could be seen, and the players didn't get that luxury obvs :P But I enjoyed it.

Ugh, at least being idolled means you can claim you were robbed though right icon_laughing

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:05:51 am

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    I agree with Brenda. And honestly if it was me, I would have cut my partner loose pretty quick too, especially if they were on another tribe or in another alliance.

Postby Jill » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:17:02 am

OfflineJill
    Chase wrote:alol Ted <3

Idk if it is as simple as that though. Like yeah we were disconnected from each other the entire game and clearly you didn't need me to make that move on Holly. The only problem I had was that socially you didn't seem to want to bother with me at all icon_razz I knew both you and Holly for the shortest amount of time, but she was someone I would have gladly voted for at the end and you were not because she understood the social aspect as well as playing a solid strategic game.

Chase the reason I didn't reply is that you didn't give me anything to reply to. I felt like you weren't making any effort with me and tbh I really didn't want to pursue any relationship with you if it was going to be so one-sided. After that little argument we had at TC I got at least two people (Yve and Russell) saying they agreed with me and that you were no fun to talk to. Going into the merge, I was considering the cross-tribal alliance Ted and I had discussed with you, Yve, Ted and I, and you were the first person I sent a PM to at the merge, but I knew immediately it wasn't going to work when I got the feeling you were putting no effort in. Maybe I was wrong, but apparently I wasn't the only one.

And thanks Brenda and Mia for your support. I don't think I played a great game this season, and I have lots of regrets (not being as social is one of them) but I think I played a lot better than either of you are really giving me credit for and if it weren't for the idol tonight I can assure you I would have been sticking around for a lot longer... But I guess we'll never know icon_razz

Postby Chase » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:24:39 am

OfflineChase
    alol Yve and Russell of all people? I doubt that was sincere from either. They had the same impression of you I did, often before I said what my own was. I'm sure you had your reasons for everything you did in the game, the point I was making was that it wouldn't have mattered to me how well you explained it at the end if I didn't see any of it before then and lacked the social connection icon_razz

Anyway like you said no hard feelings. I think this cast in general has done a good job of avoiding that kind of thing tbh.

Postby Helen Glover » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:27:08 am

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    Mia Galeotalanza wrote:I agree with Brenda. And honestly if it was me, I would have cut my partner loose pretty quick too, especially if they were on another tribe or in another alliance.

Lol this says a lot re: your Safari argument with Penny

Postby Ted » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:19:14 pm

OfflineTed
    Holly wrote:So Ted, if Jolanda and I were the final partners and not Ken/Tyrone, would you be saying the same thing about almost assuring your jury vote at the finals?

Of course.

Next

Return to Ponderosa