OfflineMia Galeotalanza
Host
I believe it now. But people are mad that I was skeptical in the first place, even though I think I had the right to be.

Re: Stranded in Costa Rica

Postby Brenda Lowe » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:30:49 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Oh damn right. Of every time I've hear some sort of excuse like that in a game, this is only the second time ever it was actually true.

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Brenda Lowe wrote:Oh damn right. Of every time I've hear some sort of excuse like that in a game, this is only the second time ever it was actually true.

Yeah, I just hate that people are actually kind of pissed at me for it. Because I almost lost the challenge because I didn't check in since I thought, "hey, it's the weekend, we won't have anything to do!" and then I was in for a rude awakening 3 hours before the challenge deadline. This was all after emcee did a Friday Challenge/tribal, too. RRR was just so much more unpleasant for me. Poody is a saint.

Postby Lurker Cwisty » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:05:51 pm

OfflineLurker Cwisty
    THE FALL hate </3 In my season I had to restart that shit twice. :alien

Postby Lurker Penny » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:10:40 pm

OfflineLurker Penny
    Greecian Champion
    The Fall is fucking shit I can think of nothing worse than mindlessly wasting my time counting numbers all day. I hate that and ive started telling people to get fucked if they make me count.

Postby Ami Cusack » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:23:58 pm

OfflineAmi Cusack
    Host
    I'm glad you liked my Lisa schtick, Mia icon_laughing I figured that since I did not care at all in Caramoan, I might as well do what she did and probably make the endgame for no reason. Stupid auction twist got me out again icon_rolleyes

What I hated the most about The Fall was that nothing even came of it. Caitlin was reinstated in the game and no one was eliminated. Like fuck.

Postby Ami Cusack » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:26:11 pm

OfflineAmi Cusack
    Host

Ooh how glamorous icon_wub

Postby John » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:12:07 am

OfflineJohn
    Brenda Lowe wrote:
    Mia Galeotalanza wrote:
    Lurker Cristina wrote:RRR and Stranded have been the only place I have won out of the dozens of times I have played. :o

And The Fall is hatable but it always weeded out the worst people the two times I played, so its not that bad. Caramoan was great to judge, the twitter challenge made me laugh out loud at some points.

The Fall almost ended my game, and I'm still wary to buy the story about that one player being in the hospital... And not to be vain, but my Brandon Hantz twitter was amazing.

If this is Caitlín, you can believe it. I'll say no more.

I had no issue with Caitlin re-entering and I actually think the concept of "The Fall" is a good one but what annoyed me was that the rules didn't state that if you fuck up you need to start again and I found out I had to restart 2 hours before the end of the challenge (7 hours after I enquired about my mistake). I was so surprised I didn't get the boot that night as I only counted down 80 in the end.

My only other gripe with RRR was that idols were planted just at the start of tribal pretty much giving the person in danger a life line and that was exactly the case with how you got voted out Mia/Emma. The clue wasn't difficult it was pretty much telling you the answer and it saved someone because in that time you couldn't switch up your votes because some people weren't online to do so. The idol was found in two minutes and the clue was "famous American baseballer". I think that makes RRR weaker than Stranded otherwise I enjoyed it.

As for the time issue, I found that to be a major issue this game and a disadvantage for Stranded as tribals and challenges were on at 1-4pm for me which I found difficult as I know most Aussies have too hence why one tribe is doing very poorly as it had a number of Aussies on it. Maybe more individual challenges that people can do in their own time within a 24 hour timeframe would be a better solution which is something RRR did and catered for people in different timezones. I don't like the challenges where you're expected to give up a large portion of your day but challenges that could be done at your convenience like the Twitter challenge or DVD one or even the making avatars I found fair even though I sucked at most of them. It was less stressful than this game. This game was all about speed or race challenges and the last 2 seasons have shown the same thing that one tribe is stronger and better at them than the other.

Previous

Return to Past Season Discussion