OfflineKim Mullen
Costa Rican Champion
Stranded's reigning champ will blog her thoughts here! icon_biggrin
Last edited by Kim Mullen on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Kim Weighs In

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:28:16 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Your blog should be called "Kim on a Whim". Just saying. icon_wink

Postby Kim Mullen » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:29:13 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    I was thinking Kim's Korner too icon_chaos So many choices icon_cry

Postby Kim Mullen » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:00:50 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    Pre-Game Cast Assessment

Dan- Savaii
    Despite the fact that I'm mourning the fact that KMK had to drop out, because I knew he'd deliver character-wise, I really liked this application! This guy's a total wildcard though, just because I've never really heard of them and I've never seen them play. I get the vibe that he could end of being a villain, but still kind of emotional too. Even though he says he might have some trouble making it on Mondays and Wednesdays, I still think he has the potential to do really well.

Holly- Duck
    I really like Ducky and I think he's gonna do well here. He's pretty good at challenges, and he's going into this game with a recent win on his belt. Will he keep the streak going? icon_chaos I think that Holly could end up playing a game just like me, quiet when you need to be but still having some control, and turning up the heat only when it's necessary. I think Holly's going to do very, very well and I'm excited to see it all unfold! icon_biggrin

Jane- Bitch Pudding
    Adam will definitely bring it entertainment wise (he's gonna be like Caryn from our season), but he tends to be kind of trainwreck that people don't usually end up liking, and he can be super clique or bitchy, and that's a super polarizing personality when it comes to ORGs. He's proven he can do well in games but I don't see him really connecting with a ton of people on his tribe. He'll be a turn-off for sure. But he'll be entertaining, at least.

Jill- coolcoolcool
    I've never heard of this person, but just reading over the application he is talking a HUGE game. I hope he can live up to what he's selling. My biggest concern with Jill is that they seem like they wanna be in control, even though he's claiming to wanting to be UTR pre-merge, I can't see it happening. He needs to be able to adapt and go with the game, and not take it too fast. I know I get turned off by stuff like that. I hate to right newer players off but I'm only cautiously optimistic at Jill.

Jimmy J- Draylen
    Draylen seems super nice and he's been a part of the community for a while but he just hasn't seemed to have gotten his footing in these things. Hopefully he can surprise me and go super far, and I want him to, but for right now, I'm not so sure how far he'll be able to get.

Jimmy T- gumshoe86
    I have no idea who this person is at all, but I'm super excited for him because although his application wasn't too insightful, I think he's gonna be true to Jimmy T. and be a huge OTT character, and I'm looking forward to it, regardless of how well he'll actually do in the game. He's a total wild-card, and I think he and Jane would probably get along. I'm just very curious.

Marty- Phantom
    Again, someone I don't know at all but unlike some of the others I wasn't really feeling him in his application icon_chaos it just seemed very cliche and uninspired. I think his biggest problem will be ~connecting~ with other people on his tribe just because he says he hates every kind of personality icon_wub

Tyrone- Punx193
    Another person I'm not entirely familiar with at all. However, he was in Survivor: Cartoon Wars and I've heard nothing but good things about that game and the cast, so I'm expecting Tyrone to do okay, at the very worst. He does have the whole "wannabe villain" thing that pretty much everyone does in their application and it usually never pans out. Why does no one ever wanna be the Hero? icon_cry

Wendy- Blueberry
    Oh, Blueberry. He'll make the merge for sure. What he does after that, I have absolutely no clue. He's one of those people who play super emotional and he's also one of those people who would flip just to make the game more interesting, and I know for a fact he's gonna want to align with some of the favorites, just because a lot of them are Blue's World ~stars~. He just needs to make sure he keeps his head in the game and not end up a goat. Oh, and ~Katberry~

Yve- Jeremy
    I think Jeremy is one of those players who usually runs hot or cold and I'm predicting he'll be hot. I just don't see him doing super bad against this competition. I just hope he doesn't play too aggressive too fast. But overall I'm expecting great, great things. I don't think he'll win though, whether he's UTR, MOR, CP, or OTT I think he'll be labeled a threat somewhere down the road and eventually got robbed at the end-game.

Postby Kim Mullen » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:22:53 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    Mikey B - TriTl
    Yog, this person also goes by the name "Brentin" so I don't know if that helps you any bit, but just from what I've seen he can be hilariously ghetto and likable but being active is his biggest issue. I don't think he's going to be able to click with a lot of other people on his tribe. I don't have really huge expectations, to be honest :/

Russell - TooManyNachos
    I personally LOVE nachos and I want him to win. He's overdue. If I can win, surely he can too. I think two of TMN's biggest problems are 1) a lot of time he can't merge with numbers and despite being a pretty big character pre-merge, he'll get voted out first by the other alliance post-merge and 2) he's just not aggressive enough. TMN needs to know that it's okay to make huge moves and ~go in for the kill~ sometimes. He also has a problem with being too loyal, but he has a killer social game and I hope he's able to overcome everything and get a win here. I'd love to see it happen.

Fabio- jedi
    I really like jedi and I think he'll make it to the merge no problem. It's really hard for me cause to be honest, I don't really know how to describe his overall playing style, but I think he's pretty adaptable and will be able to make at least the merge/jury. It just depends how he wants to do it, if he's planning on being UTR or OTT, cause I could see it going either way.

Chase - AveryC
    MEH. He'll do good but I'm not sure what he'll bring new to the table. He's just a super smart player and I'm not sure if he's ever won or not, but I just don't seem him not doing well here.... unless! the favorites wanna get out a big threat early icon_cool

Jake - SimonLOFT
    He's one of the favorites I'm least familiar with but apparently him and Ted have beef, and if they decide they wanna go to war right from the beginning- Jake wins, without question. Other than that, I'm not really expecting huge things.

Ken - Gojira
    Oh God. Gojira is super-trainwrecky and he's proven he can be a good player but sometimes I feel like he makes some decisions just be entertaining as opposed to actually what's in his own best interest. Just from my own personal experiences, he can be super transparent and aggressive, so his success in this game just depends on whether people wanna take the risk in allying with such a loose cannon. I think no matter what he does he'll always be a huge target for the opposing alliance as well.

Ted Rogers Jr - Virtuanno
    I just... don't see things working out with him. Early boot for certain.

Jolanda- ChuckietheDuckie
    Jolanda will be hit or miss. I'm hoping for good things because under different circumstances I think Jolanda could've made it a whole lot farther in Costa Rica than 10th place. So very Dawn Meehan-esque. One thing Jolanda does have going for her is that she's the only female rep on her tribe, and lol.... everyone's gonna flock to her because she's a sassy black female g.oddess. I just hope Jolanda learned from her mistakes last season. She needs to mellow out a little bit, and work on her social game with people who aren't in her immediate alliance.

Brook - The Doctor
    Eh, I just don't see Brook doing too well here. I just don't think it's in the cards unfortunately icon_cry

John - xgjio
    Crazy John! He's a super polarizing person. He's either gonna be super popular on his tribe or a target from the get-go. I mean, I'll keep this write-up short because he's pretty self-explanatory.

Postby Kim Mullen » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:29:19 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    ~Kim's Projected Bootlist~

20th- Jimmy J.
    19th- John
    18th- Jane
    17th- Jimmy T.
    16th- Brook
    15th- Tyrone
    14th- Ted
    13th- Marty
    12th- Ken
    11th- Jill
    10th- Erica
    9th- Jake
    8th- Dan
    7th- Jolanda
    6th- Fabio
    5th- Holly
    4th- Yve
    3rd- Russell
    2nd- Wendy
    1st- Chase

*edited to account for Erica replacing Mikey B.
    Last edited by Kim Mullen on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:24:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Kim Mullen » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:37:45 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    Also, I'll be doing edgic! Get pumped!

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:41:44 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Kim Mullen wrote:Also, I'll be doing edgic! Get pumped!

Augh. You all star. icon_wub I'm not trifling with edgic, that's for sure. I need to finish some work and then finish my returnee assessments... icon_wacko

Postby Helen Glover » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:30:14 am

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    Great write-ups icon_smile

Kim Mullen wrote:Image
    Mikey B - TriTl
    Yog, this person also goes by the name "Brentin" so I don't know if that helps you any bit, but just from what I've seen he can be hilariously ghetto and likable but being active is his biggest issue. I don't think he's going to be able to click with a lot of other people on his tribe. I don't have really huge expectations, to be honest :/

Omgsh I actually know someone for once. Of course he would be the guy from like five years ago. And no surprise that he was a no show. Bolded is so true.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:57:28 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Brentin =/= Brant I hope :P

Postby Kim Mullen » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:10:31 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    Brentin=trlti

Brant is completely different :)

Postby Kim Mullen » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:22:25 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    Erica- played by Fawa (?)
    If this is FaWa, then we still have the same kind of ghetto personality we lost in Mikey B. I remember co-hosting a game that FaWa was in and they were legit hilarious. If Erica is active, she'll do just fine. This changes everything though, I'm gonna have to revise my boot list prediction icon_chaos

Postby Brenda Lowe » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:39:21 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Wait, Erica is Fawa? lols, hopefully she craycray.

Postby Kim Mullen » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:26:49 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    Less than a half hour in and Erica *already* has me fanning myself in real life Image

Postby Kim Mullen » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:55:40 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    Erica and Fabio are already turned off by Jolanda icon_cry Is it some sort of rule or something that every black rep has to be ghetto or something? icon_rolleyes

Postby Kim Mullen » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:59:39 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    Also,

Jolanda, in a PM to Erica:
    One of my "allies" won. Not like close ally, but by association I guess. :P

icon_wub icon_wub

Postby Brenda Lowe » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:32:58 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Erica wrote:Jolanda is a dull human being isn't she

Jolanda wrote:I like Erica. She seems pretty cool.

This type of contrasting first impression amuses me no end Image

Postby Helen Glover » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:34:26 pm

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    Brenda Lowe wrote:Brentin =/= Brant I hope :P

Yesssss Brenda, I know the difference icon_glare

Postby Kim Mullen » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22:38 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    Palena

Palena seems to be a lot more clusterfucky so far. It seems like past relationships are definitely gonna play a factor on this tribe. Just from my general obversations, The Greece 3 seem to be trying to get some sort of agreement in the works. The Costa Rica 3 probably won't be targeting each other for now, but they definitely all seem to be wary of each other, and after all the nuGuatuso drama they had to go through, I don't blame them. Fabio and Erica seem to really be hitting it off too, just from reading their PMs. They're probably the two most seasoned players on their tribe, so it doesn't surprise me that they just click. Fabio says he wants to look out for Chase and Erica. So that leaves basically everyone with at least some sort of framework for potential alliances... except for Russell icon_cry He's just been really disappointing so far to be honest, I think his shtick is off-putting for some, and no one has really seemed to mention him as a potential ally at all, except for Fabio maybe, but even then, it just seems like out of everyone Russell is the most disconnected person at Palena right now. It's not necessarily a bad thing, because Jolanda just seems to be Public Enemy #1 right now, and with the swap coming up and Jimmy T.'s inactivity to still come into play, he's alright for now, but like I said in my pre-show prediction: I wish he would just goes ball to the wall and he isn't! icon_chaos

Atacama

The dynamics there aren't really as interesting, but I still overall like what the newbies have to offer. It seems like a Core 4 of Tyrone/Jill/Holly/Dan is forming, and they're looking for a potential 5th/6th to secure a majority. Everyone seems to really like Yve, but they also seem to recognize that she will be a threat later on. In short, she's getting the "Ami treatment" icon_cry . Marty seems to be doing just okay, but nothing really super exciting going on with him. Jimmy J. is hilarious and I just wanna enjoy the ride for however long it lasts. Jimmy T. is basically inactive. Wendy Jo... is disappointing. I've never ever EVER seen Blueberry have such a quiet start, he's almost nonexistent here. A new strategy perhaps? icon_surprised

*edit- Oops, I forgot to mention Jane too but that's pretty self-explanatory. She's a total wildcard.

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to wait until someone was eliminated, but I just have a feeling with the tribe swap, a lot of people are going to be completely different from the way they were opening weekend, so voila!

some notes:
    - Holly was originally CP toneless but her challenge performance earned her a P.
    - Jill was originally 3 but I haven't seen her around at all lately.
    - Looks like I'm gonna have to split the chart into pre-merge and post-merge, since it seems like images can only be a certain width icon_evil

Next

Return to Blogs