Postby Carl Bilancione » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:24:34 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Holly's salt level is gonna be pretty high tomorrow night. icon_laughing

Re: Episode 11

Postby Helen Glover » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:15:40 am

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    I haven't been following practically anything recently, but is Yve making a good move siding with Holly/Jo (and essentially granting them talismans), or is she missing an opportunity to blindside Holly now that Russ, Jake, Ken, and Jill are all on board with it? (And they might not be, I'm just guessing here.) If Dan were to side with them, too, I guess Yve's role would be a moot point anyways.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:01:07 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Wait fuck what? I just trawled all the confessionals and I missed that. Seemed like Hoho is getting the fuck blindsided out of her tonight by all accounts.

But now I rechecked and yes, I totally skimmed

Holly;
    Jill, Russell, Ken, Dan(?), Jake(?)

Ken;
    Holly, Jolanda, Tyrone, Yve

Dan and Jake could go either way, and I reckon Yve might mix it up if enough people tell her their votes are gone that way.

Postby Helen Glover » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:17:08 am

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    I want to see HoHo blindsided just since her and Jo running shit would be boring as shit (and I have Ken in the pick 'em; and Ken/Tyrone having talismans would be more interesting than HoHo/Jo since they'd be used on opposite sides). But I feat that Yve is convincing enough that if she wants Ken gone, that Jake (or Dan) could possible go with it just since she'd sound so sure that's the way it'll be.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:23:36 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Yeah I did a lap of PMs, and it's pretty clear Yve & Jake will vote together. Right now I'm guessing Yve is leaning Ken and Jake is leaning Holly, but Yve will pull Jake into voting Ken before visa-versa. Saying that, a big part of it is because Tyrone's bluntness means Yve doesn't believe Ken actually wants this.

Tyrone being Tyrone, Ken won't tell him Holly since it'd just get back to her. So he's told him Yve, and he's told Holly Tyrone, and he's told Yve Holly. If yve got some more solid confirmations from the likes of Russell/Dan/Jill, then this could actually happen.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:50:50 am

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    I just really want Holly to go. She's completely delusional at this point, and I can't imagine being in her shoes and being this fucking confident. Yve better not fuck things up, or she'll join my ever-growing shit list. I'm just ready for Holly to go and for Jolanda to get a wakeup call so she can hopefully reevaluate things.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:32:35 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Jake/Yve going with Holly here actually is the better move for them #s wise because the other side is 4 while Holly's is 3.

Postby Helen Glover » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:04:38 pm

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    I'd struggle to make it that black and white. Assuming Dan is against Holly (which I have no clue) that would give us:

Holly/Jolanda/Tyrone versus Dan/Ken/Jill/Russ

From Jake's perspective, he could have Ken by his side on the latter team to make a 3-3 whereas teaming up with Ho/Jo/Ty is setting yourself up for a 3-2 down the line (unless you backstab--which gets made more difficult when two of the people you're making a move against have idols).

From Yve's perspective, taking out Holly (and having Dan's idol come into play at some point) would actually result in a witch hunt to find the second idol which could potentially land on her. Ignoring Ken's he-said/she-said/they-said/we-said which will probably lead to his demise this round at the hands of Yve, I could actually see her having more of a rationale to protect Holly than Jake should.

With that being said, putting yourself in a 3-2 minority of a potential 5-some against two talismans that you're putting in the hands of the two girls who are perceived to have been running shit seems like a seriously bold move that could have some seriously bold consequences. Splitting the talismans one a piece between the alliances (with the knowledge that Ho/Jo/Ty don't have an idol--albeit that isn't really known to the layman right now) seems as though it could really lessen the threateningness of them, at least in my eyes.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:11:24 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    The problem is that if they go with Russ's crew (who I'm pretty sure has some sort of F4/5 deal framework between them) they lose all leverage in future rounds.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:28:30 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Yve has a solid enough gameplan mapped out if she goes down the sticking with Holly route. Holly & Jo will be targets, and even if she cuts Ken here, she can easily enough avoid the target next round.

Or can she? Knowing full well they suddenly both have talismans which they've said they'd play soon as. Plus they have to be odds on immunity favorites each round. It's all well and good saying they will be targets to hide behind in future rounds, but if the very next round and the one after that they are out of bounds options start getting short fast.

idk idk. Idols & talismans out of the equation, going with Holly & Jol for now is probs the better option for her if not Jake too. But with those variables in it's just way hard to call.

Postby Helen Glover » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:39:58 pm

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    Or maybe we're all reading this wrong since HoHo's confesh pins an F3 with Jill and Tyrone lol I wonder if that's before or after she finds out they're voting for her... er Jill is, that is.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:26:32 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    lol Jake doesn't appear to be going along with Yve's plans! This should be verrrry interesting.

...or maybe not. He seems up in the air.

...and boom Holly vote. :) This will be fun.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:53:47 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Tyrone's confessional is hilarious!

Postby Kim Mullen » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:03:10 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    Please tell me that Yve is gonna use her idol.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:06:14 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Kim Mullen wrote:Please tell me that Yve is gonna use her idol.

There's absolutely no way she doesn't, unless she has an aneurysm.

Postby Kim Mullen » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:07:30 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    Who is she gonna idol out? Russell? How tragic because I really wanted to see him win because he's playing a killer game but so epic at the same time.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:08:41 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Could very well be Jolanda.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:09:58 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    It's looking like 1-1 Jolanda/Jill on the Idol play right now- it depends on who Yve votes.

Postby Kim Mullen » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:10:58 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    Someone started something with Yve and now she's definitely going to finish it icon_laughing

Next

Return to Blogs