Re: Episode 13

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:47:31 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    I never claimed to be some beacon of honesty in this game, and if I did, it was a lie icon_lol

icon_lol

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:18:13 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Yve's answer to Jill is pretty perfect, and is as good an answer as she can craft I reckon minus the bit about her wanting a Jolanda/Holly F3. Yet, I still feel like I'd personally vote for Jake here as a neutral. His answers are just coming across as the most earnest, and his points about how he was safe while the others where in danger ring the truest (even though we know that's not the case icon_lol )

Postby Kim Mullen » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:34:02 pm

OfflineKim Mullen
    Costa Rican Champion
    One thing that surprises me is that Yve is getting zero flack for the fact that she needed to play her idol when BJ got DESTROYED at FTC because of it icon_chaos

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:39:39 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Holly's vote irks me a little. Yes every juror's vote is their own to give or withhold on whatever criteria they desire but c'mon. You make up a little chart of points for and against everyone - you already have a decision right there - who actually scored best? Instead she plays a guessing game with them.

She will read this later and argue the point, so Holly, just imagine how she'd feel if the roles were reversed. You had played a killer game and worked all month and some Juror just ignored all of that & was letting it boil down to some spur of the moment criteria. You'd be pissed, and rightfully so.

Ugh, she went up all month but now has gone down in my estimation here. Thanks be it probably won't affect the outcome (or will it??)

Postby Carl Bilancione » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:45:01 am

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Yve got her 5th vote already.

edit: And her 6th. Final Tally: 6 Yve, 2 Ken, 1 Jake.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:07:44 am

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Brenda Lowe wrote:Holly's vote irks me a little. Yes every juror's vote is their own to give or withhold on whatever criteria they desire but c'mon. You make up a little chart of points for and against everyone - you already have a decision right there - who actually scored best? Instead she plays a guessing game with them.

She will read this later and argue the point, so Holly, just imagine how she'd feel if the roles were reversed. You had played a killer game and worked all month and some Juror just ignored all of that & was letting it boil down to some spur of the moment criteria. You'd be pissed, and rightfully so.

Ugh, she went up all month but now has gone down in my estimation here. Thanks be it probably won't affect the outcome (or will it??)

Told you she was crazy. It was obvious that she was going to be one of the worst jurors pretty early on, too.

Postby Helen Glover » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:07:22 am

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    Carl Bilancione wrote:Yve got her 5th vote already.

edit: And her 6th. Final Tally: 6 Yve, 2 Ken, 1 Jake.

I'm getting 5-3-1? With HoHo in Jake's corner, and WJ/Ted/Russ in Ken's.

Edit: we should tell the F3 that they have to cast tie-breaker votes in the event of a two-way tie, just to freak Yve out during the reveal when it's 4-3-1 with one vote to go icon_lol

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:24:49 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    4-3-2 now, Chase changed his Pre-Vote for Yve to a live one for Jake, with the disclaimer that he may change that again before the deadline.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:42:04 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Scratch that he's changed it back to Yve now icon_lol

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:48:12 am

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    I could see this going either way by the end of the night!

The truth is that any one of the three would be a good winner. Yve or Ken would be amazing winners. I would have preferred a Ken win, just to break up the female winners that we've had lately and I think he played the ballsiest. That said, Yve is equally a ballsy and amazing player. It's a tough choice.

Postby Helen Glover » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:52:41 am

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    God dammit, a 4-3-2 would've been so awesome! Although I don't think a plurality has been unheard of in Stranded thus far. For me...

B: Yve
    H: Ken
    G: Yve

If Ken crafted a really good FTC argument (about avoiding the Palena target during early merge and getting Yve/Jake to protect him during late merge) and put more value to his individual decision making rather than that of the group (which Yve clearly had by the balls), I could've seen him just squeaking out a victory. And he might've done that (I've only skimmed FTC thus far), but going in, I wasn't expecting it, since Ken is for being 100% straight-up after-the-fact and not dangling half-truths.

There's a REALLY GOOD story to be told for Ken's arc to get here, but don't think he's able to see it clearly enough yet to tell it.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:41:49 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Helen Glover wrote:God dammit, a 4-3-2 would've been so awesome! Although I don't think a plurality has been unheard of in Stranded thus far. For me...

B: Yve
    H: Ken
    G: Yve

If Ken crafted a really good FTC argument (about avoiding the Palena target during early merge and getting Yve/Jake to protect him during late merge) and put more value to his individual decision making rather than that of the group (which Yve clearly had by the balls), I could've seen him just squeaking out a victory. And he might've done that (I've only skimmed FTC thus far), but going in, I wasn't expecting it, since Ken is for being 100% straight-up after-the-fact and not dangling half-truths.

There's a REALLY GOOD story to be told for Ken's arc to get here, but don't think he's able to see it clearly enough yet to tell it.

We've had multipled 3-2-2 votes.

Postby Helen Glover » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:56:16 pm

OfflineHelen Glover
    Host
    Circular dependency on the finalists votes! Ken votes for Yve, who votes for Jake, who votes for Ken, who votes for Yve, who votes for...

Postby Carl Bilancione » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:15:41 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Helen Glover wrote:Circular dependency on the finalists votes! Ken votes for Yve, who votes for Jake, who votes for Ken, who votes for Yve, who votes for...

We know the show doesn't add the 3rd placer to the jury unless it's an odd-numbered jury. Probably should adjust the rules here. But it's still fun to freak them out.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:40:42 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Brenda Lowe wrote:4-3-2 now, Chase changed his Pre-Vote for Yve to a live one for Jake, with the disclaimer that he may change that again before the deadline.

So um.. Jolanda just changed her vote and it's 3-3-3 icon_chaos

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:41:42 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Ugh, no, I quoted the earlier one.

It's 4-3-2 Yve/Jake/Ken?

I gotta go check this.

Postby Carl Bilancione » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:43:31 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Brenda Lowe wrote:Ugh, no, I quoted the earlier one.

It's 4-3-2 Yve/Jake/Ken?

I gotta go check this.

Correct.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:51:22 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Wendy-Jo - Ken
    Ted - Ken
    Chase - Yve
    Holly - Jake
    Jill - Yve
    Russell - Ken
    Jolanda - Jake
    Dan - Yve
    Tyrone - Yve

Tie-Breaker
    Jake - Ken
    Ken - Yve
    Yve - Jake

So basically, if Chase comes back and changes his mind back to Jake all hell will break loose?

Postby Carl Bilancione » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:53:44 pm

OfflineCarl Bilancione
    Host
    Uh, should we be getting jury quotes for an emergency F3 IC together just in case? :-P

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:59:02 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Winning by challenge? That is actually a shitty finale but what else can you do?

Ugh, this has turned from whitewash into genuine nailbiter.. and I can't be here. I have to get up in two hours to run noise level tests which can only be done late late in the night when no-ones around. So I'm gonna miss everything :/ I'll log in when I take breakfast but it'll probably be all over by then.

If there's an AIM party send me an invite @yogbrenda icon_kiss

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs