General Discussion

Fallen Comrades.

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:54:11 pm

OfflineKen
    I will put mine in here when they are all done icon_smile

Re: Fallen Comrades.

Postby Jake » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:55:41 pm

OfflineJake
    Is this a thing? Like am I required to do it. I still will, I'm just curious if there is a due date.

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:58:57 pm

OfflineKen
    It's a tradition, but not a requirement. People do it for fun.

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:34:01 pm

OfflineKen
    Jimmy T – Didn’t know you at all. You also basically quit. Oh well.

Jane – What the fuck are you smoking and where can I get it? Like honestly, I am not trying to sound insulting, I thought you were fantastic in this. You were just so incredibly bat shit, though, that you had to go. One of these days I would love to find out the 5th and 6th person you had in mind for that cross tribal alliance you had planned with Holly, Yve, Fabio, and I. You were never boring to talk to, that’s for sure. One thing’s for sure, I can’t wait to read your confessional. I can only imagine it is nothing short of amusing.

Brook – You never really showed up for challenges or to tribal council. I always found it hard to get a read on exactly what you were even thinking in this game. I would write more, but I honestly am having a hard time thinking of a single thing you did in this game that was actually noteworthy.

Erica – Wtf girl. You’re seriously trippin’. You amused me to no end with some of your antics. We had that awesome moment where we were psychically linked and sent each other a pm right at the beginning of the game at the exact same time. We were shocked and amazed. Then I never heard from you until you messaged me a few days later asking why I stopped talking to you. You then proceeded to just say whatever random nonsense popped into your head. Or you would send me messages in Mandarin. It was really weird. I also hear you made a bunch of random call out threads for no reason. You would have been so much fun to have around in this game. I find when I lurk I always root for the crazies, so you were someone I think brought a lot to this game.

Jimmy J – Speaking of crazies, you were another very amusing one. We had one very short pm conversation. We had just finished the puzzle challenge, I sent you a message saying how great of a job you did, and you basically told me to fuck off. I lol’d and just never responded to you again. You had absolutely no filter at all, and were probably gone too soon, but I wanted to give Jill a fair chance in this game. So that being said, I have no regrets voting you out when we did.

Fabio – Seeing you go was one of the biggest shocks to me. I just could not believe it. You were someone I had always had a good time talking to. I really liked you a lot, and when we got separated, I was sad about that. You were always short in pm’s, but then again, so was I. I feel like you said just enough to keep me interested in you. You were always a really nice sweet person to talk to. I loved that I could be completely candid with you about my opinions on everyone else. You were the nice guy, and I think you deserved to go a lot further than you actually did.

John – Probably the complete opposite of how I felt about Fabio :/ You seemed extremely paranoid about everything. You always wanted to micromanage the vote. I wouldn’t say I disliked you, but since the beginning I just felt like I was never going to be able to trust you. You were the one pushing the hardest for the vets to stick together, and that is ultimately what did you in in this game. I was face palming on your behalf during the tribe pick in which you were continually picking people I knew would never want to work with you long term. It was a huge mistake. You seem like a nice guy, but I knew from the beginning you would not last long in the game.

Marty – This one will be short. We never spoke at all. You did provide Palena 3.0 with some amusement by failing hard at that picture challenge.

Wendy Jo – Omg Wendy <3 You were just so lovable. Even when you would constantly call me out I could not help but adore you every moment. I remember wanting you out so badly at the merge, then I quickly realized after talking to you about who we should boot off, that you could end up being a close ally to me and did a complete 180 and decided to join you and Jake. You are one of the most colourful people I have ever played with and had absolutely no filter at all. Had I known Holly was trying to pull that last minute switch to Chase I totally would have voted for Tyrone with you, and you would have been saved that night. Instead I decided to just flip at the re vote and that is one of the 6 that cause yet another tie leading us to rocks. You were gone way too soon from the game. I sure as hell hope you get an invite next time they bring players back. I think you were a total star in this and I would love to see you play again. I almost felt like at times you were trying to emulate the real life Wendy Jo, who is also a total star by the way <3 You just keep being the best you, you can be!

Ted – Oh Ted. I admit, when I first saw you as part of the cast, I thought the worst. I remember we did not get along well in Greece. So what did I do? I offered you an alliance right away, of course. Then after that we just never ended up on the same tribe, and after the merge the numbers just were not there to save you. For what it’s worth, I was one of the 3 Jolanda votes in favor of keeping you :/ I honestly have no idea what to even make of you right now. I can only imagine you still think I am legitimately the most annoying person on the planet.

Chaste – You getting voted out was so heart breaking for me. We connected early on and I adored you ever since. Every time I saw a message from you in my inbox I went to go read it right away. You are just such a genuinely sweet person. I think you are hands down game sweetheart. I always got excited when there was a swap because it meant we might be reunited. You were always someone I knew I could rely on in this game, and I wish you were here with us still. You were taken from the game way too soon and I am glad we were allies in this.

Holly – Oh Holly, I am pretty sure we both knew we were bull shitting each other from the moment we made an alliance on Atacama 2.0. We both seemed to know that we did not fit into one another’s end game plans, but we just pretended to go along with it in an attempt to cover our own asses. I knew at the merge that if I wanted a fighting chance at getting to this point then you could not be here. I had been getting increasingly frustrated with people who were seemingly so unwilling to make a move against you (looking at you, Russell) I respected you a lot as a competitor and that is the biggest reason you had to go. I knew you were going to fight hard to win. I won’t be apologetic about playing the game. I knew it was either you or I going when you did, and I sure as hell am glad I stayed over you. You probably think I am full of it, but I really have no reason to lie at this point. I did like you and enjoyed some of the conversations we had. When all is said and done the vote for you was not personal in any way, it was just the game. I don’t know why you gotta be all mad at tribal council. You were playing just as cutthroat a game as all of us in the final 3.

Jill – You have had quite the journey in the game. You went from almost being voted out early due to your low level of activity to being one of the biggest forces in the game. It was very fun to have you around, and I am glad I stuck to my plan to not vote you out when Jimmy J left. Thank you a million for the move you made to get Holly out when you did. I tried my best to repay you by getting rid of Jo, but there was so little time to organize people after that challenge it was just so chaotic and no one seemed to want Jolanda out at that point. I do get the impression you have a similar sentiment toward me that you had for Chase, which you think I am not all that interesting and was not fun to talk to. I did really enjoy you in the game though, even if the feeling was not mutual. You went from being an almost early boot to a fierce goddess who should be brought back for all stars.

Russell – You are a very complicated man, Russell. Sometimes I felt like I could honestly trust you, then there were time where you would be quite obviously lying to me, like when you were telling me that Jake, someone I consider a friend outside the game, my ally since day 1, was voting against me. Jake and I had a good laugh about that one. You provided a lot of comic relief to the game by being in character, though. It was loads of fun toying with you in our talks, especially early on when the game first started. If there had not been so many swaps I think I would have actually worked with you much more closely than I did. We just ended up on separate tribes with separate alliances. I think you are a great guy and hope you are not bitter at all. Even if you did call us all bitches after you left.

Jolanda – You were like a cockroach to me. I had targeted you very early on in this game on the opening weekend because people had been hearing about you making a lot of different alliances. Then it kind of switched to John. Then back to you. You were very similar to Holly, in that, when we made an alliance on Palena 3.0 I think we both knew it was not going to last very long. That is just how the game goes sometimes. It was never anything personal when I would target you. You were playing one of the better social games here and so I knew you would be one of the biggest, if not the biggest threat to win. Also when I said congrats on making it past 10, I hope that did not come across as me trying to bust your chops on the way out. I actually did mean it. I know that I was thrilled to get past my previous placement in this series. In the survey challenge I put down that you could be brought back as an all-star, and I really meant that, too. You played one hell of a game and you went down kicking and screaming about it. I can really respect that in a competitor. I always hate to see when people think they are going and just accept it and act defeated about it.

Dan – You are legitimately one of the nicest people in this game. We did not talk a lot because you were never here that often, but every time I opened a message from you I knew it was never going to be something nasty. Even when you knew it was probably going to be you who goes tonight, you were still cordial and polite with everyone about it. Not many people like you, Danny boy. You are a class act and a terrific human being.

Tyrone – I laugh endlessly that we did not even like one another yet still managed to be the last pair standing.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:01:28 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    @ Jake (& Yve)

No, not absolutely required, but you should still do it regardless, even if it's just a sentence per person. icon_yes

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:05:12 am

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    You should put them in your confessionals.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:13:36 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Nah don't worry, Jury can't see here anyways :P

Postby Ken » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:42:42 pm

OfflineKen
    Wait the jury can't see here? Then why have I been kissing so much ass for no reason? icon_eek

I will do the hosts. They won't be very long, and I will only write them for the ones that I can remember/were active

Carl - I actually do not even know who this host is outside the game icon_laughing I don't remember his exact words, but he really hit the nail on the head during the merge TC when he called us all insane.

Helen - Someone I was rooting for in Greece icon_wub You never really came around much, but I always loved it when you did.

Kim - Thank you for constantly reminding us of all the reused challenges you won.

Chad - Where did you go? icon_cry Chad was one of my favourite co-hosts. Damn did he ever ask a lot of questions, though icon_laughing

Mia - Thank you for asking so many questions icon_wub My confessional entries are almost never very well structured, so questions made it seem a little more readable, I suppose. You were always good for a laugh sometimes as well.

Brenda - Thanks for all that encouragement last year after Greece when I kept beating myself up over being booted second. It would seem this pm'ing with people thing does work after all. Who knew? icon_surprised

Jeff - Last but not least. Thank you for inviting me to play again! I don't think I was ever a host favourite during Greece, so getting an invite to come back really pleasantly surprised me icon_cool I did not waste this opportunity and regardless of how it plays out, I am content with the end result.

Postby Yve » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:52:50 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    I saw what you did there, Ken. icon_laughing

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:02:14 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    *koffkoff*

Good time for some reflections if you're just sitting at the board scratching your vag.

Postby Yve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:03:39 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    I'm at work right now, I'll reflect when I'm at home on the couch. Scratching my vag. icon_shifty

Postby Yve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:03:58 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    I want to do these lovely people justice. icon_wub

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:05:24 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    39 days of no showers is no joke.

Postby Yve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:31:47 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Okay, doing this now. icon_biggrin

Postby Jake » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:46:13 pm

OfflineJake
    I just did mine like right now too icon_wub

Postby Yve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:58:10 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Jimmy T
    You were on for about 20 minutes before the first swap, so I got to have a brief conversation with you. You were replaced, right? And then you quit?

Jane
    I LOVED our conversations for the first few days. It was the way you approached the swap that messed up your game. I wish you hadn't targeted the vets right away, otherwise we would have had an amazing time together.

Brook
    As soon as the vets came over to Atacama, I was excited to find some amazing people. You approached me with some great plans, but unfortunately a lot of other people felt like you were shifty from the way you played your last season. I guess they were right, because you were scary enough to be booted next.

Erica
    Never met you, but I heard that you drove people crazy with your PMs.

Jimmy J
    Jimmy J! I loved you! I worked so hard for rounds and rounds to get you to like me, although I think it was just annoying for you. Oh well! As soon as you knew you were going, our conversations got a lot longer, so I guess it worked!

Fabio
    Oh Fabio, I still don't understand completely why you were booted. After John was able to 'control' the vote for Jimmy, he was leading the charge against Fabio. The last round we played together included some of my favorite chats with you! You are kind of crazy and I love it.

John
    After losing Fabio, you saw that you had the potential to turn the game around all by yourself. You decided to target me, but your mistake was outright lying about how I was targeting Ted. Thank god you left, too. Because Jake was totally going to be your next target (according to what he told me..)

Marty
    When I first met you, I thought we would be rivals at the end of the game. You were so smart! It's too bad you kind of started to invest less in the game.

Wendy Jo
    You and I made a pact together on the very first day. We decided to eliminate all of the bullshit, and just align and EVERY conversation I had with you after was just beautiful. I had every intention to work with you at the merge, but a lot of crap got in the way of that. It was nice to be in the final two of the purple rock with you. I think if it had been me going instead, you could have been here in the final three.

Ted
    Oh Ted, we just never got close. And the way you left, with me voting for you, just wasn't the way I wanted it to end with us. Chase was the glue that was holding us together, and we just never found that bond we were always looking for. But thank you for protecting me at Atacama. I still feel so bad about the way you went.

Chase
    Chase! My only vet connection at the beginning of the game, and the only person who I told the idol about! I would have worked with you until the end, and would've loved for you to be here (even though I'm with two great guys already!). Unfortunately, you and Ted were the main targets and I couldn't work around that.

Holly
    My BEST original Atacama (newbies) friend. I'm still not sure how she felt about me, because of the way she treated our alliance after the merge, but eventually she asked me in and I think she was being genuine. I would have loved to play with her if I was able, but Russell kind of ruined that for me.

Jill
    You left so I could stay. You/Holly/and I had the original, amazing alliance. You and I kept Jill protected after the swap, but by the end even you were annoyed with all of the missing challenge performances. No matter what, two of us would have left during this round. I hope that I was able to make you both proud with the way I played.

Russell
    I LOVED it when we were in an alliance together, for one round. Getting to the end just seemed so easy with you. You blindsided Holly, and to your credit you DID actually talk with me about it. I overreacted because I loved Holly so much. You were SUCH a good social strategist. Such a perfect blend of schtick, craziness, and genuine friendship. I was always very impressed, and very terrified of you.

Jolanda
    Jolanda, I hadn't met you until the merge. But seeing how close you were to Holly reminded me of my own partnership with Chase. And since I loved Holly so much, it was easy to love you just as much. Your vote was the hardest one for me in this game. You didn't deserve to go, but you were too threatening to stay. Thank you again for your forgiveness. You were a much better person than I was in this game.

Dan
    We were so close at the beginning of the game. You/Me/Holly/Jill controlled newbie Atacama, and it was glorious. Unfortunately, we never saw each other until the merge. You immediately targeted me, and I heard about it every round. I'm sorry we couldn't have gotten closer.

Tyrone
    I worked all game to get you to talk to me longer than a sentence, and I'm really excited that by the end, I got a whole paragraph! You're truly one in a million, Tyrone, and it was wonderful getting to know you.

Postby Yve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:06:23 pm

OfflineYve
    Patagonian Champion
    Jake wrote:I just did mine like right now too icon_wub

icon_wub

And now, my boys:

Ken
    I met you and Jake at the same time, and I truly feel lucky to have met you both at that point in the game. If you had come in during the second swap, I we may not have been able to all work with you immediately. Our conversations were nuts in the beginning, and we never really had to boot anyone serious (except for maybe Brook). I really thought you, Holly and I were working together beautifully, but at the merge I learned that your relationship with Holly kind of strained over time. I was so happy to see you at the merge! And I'm glad that after a few rounds of fighting on a whole bunch of sides, we finally decided to be completely loyal to each other.

Jake
    You and I legitimately have the exact same brain, and I'm SO HAPPY that we were able to meet here, and so early on! It was a normal friendship at first, but as soon as Fabio left, and we both felt vulnerable, we just became completely honest with each other. Along with Ken, we were able to take down an army. I'll never forget all of the conversations we shared throughout. Thank you!

It was wonderful playing with you both, and I'd truly be happy if any of us wins! Good luck to you both!

Postby Ken » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:38:39 pm

OfflineKen
    Thanks for the kind words, Yve! icon_wub You were terrific in this.

Return to Camp Fire