Fallen Comrades

9th Place

Fallen Comrades

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:08:58 am

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    If you have time, you should consider doing this. Just post them here. It's a good time to reminisce about all the players that have been voted out, and a good fun read for everyone afterward.

(oh & you should do the hosts too!)

Re: Fallen Comrades

Postby Holly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:47:29 pm

OfflineHolly
    Ill do the hosts. Fuck the players.

Postby Holly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:54:18 pm

OfflineHolly
    Jeff Probst - Clearly, you are amazing for having put up with all the morons you've cast both in this season and seasons past. Somehow you come out of it with another series and another series and having finally had the chance to play I can say this is definitely the best Stranded I have ever seen (granted there isn't much competition. Euro Stranded comes second... when's that happening BRENDA?). Your work and devotion is second to none and we all thank you for it.

Brenda Lowe - You've probably heard enough good things about yourself from Tyrone. You're always on at those odd hours when none of the other hosts are around. They can be so useless some times.

Chad Crittenden - WHERE DID YOU GO CHAD? I could understand you leaving because I got voted out (because, seriously, who wants to see the game if I'm not in it?) but you left before that.

Mia Galateoalanzoallanroanza - You always seemed to be the one to step in and save the day from the hideous evils. That's a good thing.

Carl Biliancione - You were cool.

Helen Glover - You were cool.

Kim Mullen - Where were you? Not in my confessionals, that's where.

Ami Cusack - Where were you? Not anywhere I saw, that's where.

Yes, this was half arsed. I'd do less if it were the players.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:41:22 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Euro Stranded may or may not be happening. Me living in the Middle East and back to working full-time now is kinda curtailing any involvement I wanted to have with it. I'm not sure you'll like who is pushing the idea now :/

Postby Holly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:42:43 pm

OfflineHolly
    Woah, when did that happen? Middle East Stranded it is then!

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:01:26 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    lol, I'm here since what um, October-ish in one form or another? Although it was like 2 months trial in UAE first to see if I liked it, then home for a month over Christmas, then a new contract in Qatar now. I'm supposed to be here till at least Summer but idk if I'll stick it out :/ Everything is just completely a world apart from what I'm used to. The food, the language, the weather.. the weekdays and weekends ffs! icon_lol If it was America or Australia or something I think I'd be better off, but here .. it's just idk. Everything is completely foreign. It's a real culture shock that I'm just not getting used to.
    Last edited by Brenda Lowe on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:03:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Holly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:03:09 pm

OfflineHolly
    Wow, that long? Sheesh. The culture shock would be a big factor. Sometimes it takes longer depending on things.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:08:22 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    Yeah religion really saturates everything here. Like, there is a call to prayer thing bellows out of the mosques at 5:20 am and then six times a day. I do 60 hour weeks and then my day off is Friday. If Sunday is like a Tuesday then wtf is Tuesday? I'm so disorientated all the time. Then with the language you can get by in say, Paris (where I worked before) - you start to pick up bits of the writing when you see it enough, just by osmosis. But here it's not even letters, just squiggles. 4 months in and only now I finally have the numberical digits down :D

idk, I'll stick it out till the temperature gets into the 40s, and I reckon I'll be gone by the time it's in the 50s.

(Plus no ORGing of course unless it's non-live. Fuck Kimor so bad for that game getting abandoned :P )

Postby Holly » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:13:03 pm

OfflineHolly
    Erm... osmosis? Learning language? That doesn't work.

Leaving when it gets to the 40s? Weak.

Oh, that Monty Python game, I felt bad for not having a schtick but it was just ridiculous.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:36:30 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    I suppose not :D but you pick up things that are on signs like toilet / shop / bar. Wtf, there isn't even any bars here, only the occasional hotel that serves alcohol. And one single off-license in the entire country, which is luckily less than 10k away but still.. you need a residents license (which I don't have yet). Don't forget I am Irish, so I need regular booze consumption and temperatures lower than 20 to not go nuts icon_laughing

Like, it's 4:30am right now . . why am I awake?

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:53:30 am

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    What exactly do you do over there, B-rends?

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:05:21 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    I'm a very manly HVAC engineer. :D

Return to Holly