Confessional Questions

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:01:22 am

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    I believe Chad asked if we could ask them, and the answer was yes, right?

Before I start in on asking questions when the game starts, I just want to check if there are any guidelines you want us to follow. I obviously know not to give away certain information, but hos specific or vague should we be? I just don't want to fuck things up.

Re: Confessional Questions

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:44:24 am

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Of course you can ask questions... What would this game be if Mia didn't ask 100000000 questions. :P

In terms of guidelines, just try to ask about their feelings, their views, not so much their boot lists, or stats. Numbers and lists are boring compared to the reasons why they are targetting those people.

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:44:56 am

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    You will have to be VERY VERY careful not to reveal anyones partners this season since that is a secret. To avoid this I typically don't ask people by names, I just say "your partner"

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Okay, sounds good.

I can tackle posting the confessional threads on one of the tribe sites if you need me to. If not, that's fine. Are we calling this Episode 01 or Episode 00? icon_whistling

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:21:37 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    We've had the set-up in other Seasons where one host concentrates on one tribe, while the other concentrates on the other. That could maybe work if Mia & Chad want to pick one each as their main focus? Not to say you can't swing back and forth and tread on each other's toes, but it kinda endears some of the players to you if one of you "adopts" each side. Plus bragging rights later on :P

I will give you this tip for questioning - you can't go wrong when you ask about what they are already talking about (but you still have to figure out how to not be repetitive while doing that). It's super important to not reveal anything they don't know already obviously, but also, not to make them consider things they aren't thinking about already either - at least not too much. Like "Are the talismans weighing into this decision?" is cool, but, "Aren't you worried that by doing this you are gifting x & y the talismans??!?" is obviously not. Not just because you are naming names, but also because you are leading their thinking.

If you see they are already exploring some train of thought, have a field day - it's usually a good idea to follow that along some. Let them lead you, don't lead them in any specific direction, yet you still need to prod them sometimes. It's a balancing act, but you'll get the hang of it.

And yup, Episode 01 as soon as they arrive. Sure pick a tribe, and post a personalised version of the same OP you got in Costa Rica to each.

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    I would love to tackle the purple tribe because it's nicer to look at.

Postby Chad Crittenden » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:21:18 pm

OfflineChad Crittenden
    Host
    If Mia wants purple, I will take ugly brown. The newb tribe is intriguing me anyway and I probably would have picked that one.

This is gonna be fun :-D

Mia... maybe it would be good to split up the blogs too. Like I blog indepth on the brown tribe only until the merge. I think trying to follow two tribes, and 20 people and blogging about it every day might make me fucking crazy.

Postby Brenda Lowe » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:25:52 pm

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    That sounds like a plan. Go for it with an Ep 01 thread for each participant. They are also gonna need a voting thread each - I'd say copy that one practically word for word as it is in Costa Rica. Make sure to make the Voting Thread an "Announce" so it stickies and separates from everything else in there.

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:27:14 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    I'll do the voting thread to make sure it's set up properly.

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:29:22 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Also, for those of you starting the Episode 01 thread, make sure it's titled exactly that to stay consistant, Then mention who you are, what you played in, introduce the rest of the co hosts, let everyone know we are all-stars, experienced, some of us playing multiple games, some hosting multiple seasons, etc... Let them know that they can feel free to say anything in there and that you will be there asking questions often so they should respond often as well. Then ask some intro questions.

Also, we start a new episode thread after each Tribal Council, which means that someone should be desginated to start them. Typically it's just a generic qeustion copy/pasted to start the thread off quickly so nothing ends up in the wrong episode.

Postby Chad Crittenden » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30:39 pm

OfflineChad Crittenden
    Host
    OK. Sounds good Jeff. I'll get to work on that after I put my corned beef in the oven.

Postby Mia Galeotalanza » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:44:57 pm

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Thanks Jeffery. I'll get on that a little later on today.

Postby Chad Crittenden » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:20:57 pm

OfflineChad Crittenden
    Host
    How's this?

Hello, I'm Chad Crittenden, and I'll be joining Jeff, Helen, Brenda, Mia, Carl, Kim, and Ami. Most of us are all-stars of the series who have been through it all, so if you have any questions about how the game is played, feel free to PM us and we'll do our best to answer. We are all here to help answer your questions. Other than that, our duties will basically be to ask you questions in your confessional here, just to get into your head and find out where you're at. Also, we will be handling challenges, tribal council, and tribal council questioning.

Like most rounds ahead of us, we'll start by asking some introductory questions, and I just want to ask that you answer in complete statements. Oftentimes, we'll turn the seasons into fanfics using these stories, and we will be actively blogging on each episode, and it's easier to do so if we have real quotes and complete thoughts as opposed to simple yes or no answers. We hope you keep up with your confessionals daily during the week as a way to vent and discuss the events of that day. Just try your best to give us insight into what you're thinking or planning as the game goes on, and right now, as we're about to embark. You'll appreciate being able to go back after the show and really see where your head was at certain points in the game, and so will your fellow cast mates!

So here we go......

How confident are you going into this game that you will win?

What are your opinions of your fellow tribemates?

What is your strategy and approach to the game?

How do you feel the rep of Dan fits you? Will you adjust your game to fit the rep, or just play as you would regardless? Do you think his character suits you?

What are your thoughts on the fact that there are returning players this season? How will you adjust your pre-show game plan to adapt to this? Are you open to working with the Stranded vets, or will you see them as a threat?

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:02:56 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Great job Chad, go for it!

Postby Chad Crittenden » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:07:42 pm

OfflineChad Crittenden
    Host
    OK changed it a little bit. They really should be going to Jeff, Brenda and Helen first with anything, so I clarified that I, along with some others, will be here to blog about the season.

Hello, I'm Chad Crittenden from Stranded in Costa Rica. Jeff, Brenda, Helen, and Carl are your primary hosts, however I will be blogging for each episode along with Mia, Kim, and Ami. My main focus of the blogs before the merge will be on the Atacama Tribe, so talk to me! Most of us are all-stars of the series who have been through it all, so if you have any questions about how the game is played, feel free to PM us and we'll do our best to answer - that's why we are here. Other than that, our duties will basically be to interview you in your confessional here, trying to get into your head and get some insight as to why you may be making certain moves. We will also be handling challenges, tribal council, and tribal council questioning.

Each round, we'll start by asking some introductory questions, and I just want to ask that you answer in complete statements. Oftentimes, we'll turn the seasons into fanfics using these stories, and we will be actively blogging on each episode, and it's easier to do so if we have real quotes and complete thoughts as opposed to simple yes or no answers. We hope you keep up with your confessionals daily during the week as a way to vent and discuss the events of that day. Just try your best to give us insight into what you're thinking or planning as the game progresses, and right now, as we're about to embark. You'll appreciate being able to go back after the show and really see where your head was at certain points in the game, and so will your fellow cast mates!

So here we go......

What are your opinions of your fellow tribemates?

How do you feel the rep of Dan fits you? Will you adjust your game to fit the rep, or just play as you would regardless? Do you think his character suits you?

What are your thoughts on the fact that there are returning players this season? How will you adjust your pre-show game plan to adapt to this revelation? Are you open to working with the Stranded vets, or will you see them as a threat?

Does that look OK and are the questions good?

Also... I just copied most of what Helen wrote in our CR blogs with a few additions.

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:16:33 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Looks great dude, thanks!

Postby Chad Crittenden » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:20:41 pm

OfflineChad Crittenden
    Host
    dude-ETTE icon_razz

I guess I have to keep playing a dude though. My avi better be hot though. That's all I'm sayin'.

OfflineMia Galeotalanza
    Host
    Mine are up. Questions are a little different, but other than that it's the same schpeel.

Hello, I'm Mia Galeotalanza from Stranded in Costa Rica. Jeff, Brenda, Helen, and Carl are your primary hosts, however I will be blogging for each episode along with Chad, Kim, and Ami. My main focus of the blogs before the merge will be on the Palena Tribe, so talk to me! Most of us are all-stars of the series who have been through it all, so if you have any questions about how the game is played, feel free to PM us and we'll do our best to answer - that's why we are here. Other than that, our duties will basically be to interview you in your confessional here, trying to get into your head and get some insight as to why you may be making certain moves. We will also be handling challenges, tribal council, and tribal council questioning. Basically, you guys all know the drill, but we'll give you a refresher anyways.

Each round, we'll start by asking some introductory questions, and I just want to ask that you answer in complete statements. Oftentimes, we'll turn the seasons into fanfics using these stories, and we will be actively blogging on each episode, and it's easier to do so if we have real quotes and complete thoughts as opposed to simple yes or no answers. We hope you keep up with your confessionals daily during the week as a way to vent and discuss the events of that day. Just try your best to give us insight into what you're thinking or planning as the game progresses, and right now, as we're about to embark. You'll appreciate being able to go back after the show and really see where your head was at certain points in the game, and so will your fellow cast mates!

So here we go......

How does it feel to be back?

What are your thoughts on your fellow returning players? Is there anyone you might want to align with? Anyone that you want outta here or might have any bad blood with?

What do you make of going against the new players? Do you view them as fresh meet to take to the slaughter, or players that you could potentially work with?

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:09:06 pm

OfflineJeff Probst
    Host
    Thanks Guys!

Postby Ami Cusack » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:34:54 pm

OfflineAmi Cusack
    Host
    I would also like to choose one tribe to "adopt" and hang out at the most. Chad/Mia who did you guys pick? Not that I don't want to hang out at the returnee camp, but I'm just really excited for the noobs.

Next

Return to Planning