Re: John Hate Thread

Postby Lurker Penny » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:45:38 am

OfflineLurker Penny
    Greecian Champion
    I didnt lie, honesty is the best policy. :)

Postby John » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:17:34 am

OfflineJohn
    Chad Crittenden wrote:
    Lurker Penny wrote:Because I have either played or seen most of them. :!: For the benefit of everyone here:

John
    Stranded in Costa Rica

Ok lol. From what I could see in Costa Rica John was just a complete nightmare for the other players to deal with and his blindside was hilariously epic <3. For me John will probably be the big villain for this tribe because I think he'll still probably run his mouth and say whatever the fuck he wants to say without any thought for the consequences. Ive seen John play a likeable game in Aussie Stranded, but for some reason he was the villain in this series and I think he'll want to maintain that character performance. John will definitely be scheming the entire time and try his best to organise alliances and what not right off the bat, but with a cast of players that have all played before, combined with his deepest, darkest enemy Brook being back to haunt him again, I can see John kicking up a storm and going pre-merge.

Penny, John wasn't really a nightmare. He told one lie to both Mia and I that we found out about later, but other than that he really wasn't trying to be a villain. Oh and we lied to the other tribe about taking the idol clues after we swapped - DUH why WOULDN'T we do that? We wanted to make sure one of us got it. He did have a problem with saying whatever he was thinking which rubbed people the wrong way when what he said was not what they wanted to hear - AKA his suggestion to Brook that we vote Dolly out because she wasn't really playing the game and we kept losing challenges. Brook was the real headcase from my perspective. :lol: And John kinda got vilified after he left and everyone, including myself, blamed all the two-timing that was going on pre-merge on him. He was really a loyal ally and I don't think he would have ever turned on anyone he was actually working with. Brook got his panties wadded up over us wanting to boot Dolly and he went full retard leading to John's elimination.

Sorry for jacking your thread, but I just wanted to say that. I am curious how he is going to play this time and how the John/Brook dynamic is going to play out.

Thank you Chad. Good to see someone believed I was loyal and not a villain. I wasn’t blindsided by being voted out. I had an inkling, I really did. Same with this season. If anything I was blindsided to see Brook turn on me. My thoughts on my game are exactly how Chad sums it up. Hence why I am puzzled at all the John hate and villain tags being attached to me. Like Penny said, I played a pretty likeable game in AussieStranded and tried to play the same way with this game but for some reason the opposite happened and everyone turned on me. Even BobbyJohn thought I was a douche during the game even though I never played with him but hearing everyone slander me, what was he to think? He changed his opinion once he knew who I was and read everything that something didn’t add up.

Lurker Ibrehem wrote:Your analysis has me totally interested Penny! : D
    Mostly in Ted and Ken, 2 players I don't know.

And John was actually a nice guy -- to your face, once Brook told us about his scheming was when things turned into a nightmare. Luckily we had unstable-Brook to help us take John out though. The time from when we first found out to when he was eliminated went by really quickly so we never got to have a huge blowout about it (until Brook and John's fight). Not that we wanted him to know we knew. :P

I am a nice guy. You just feel negative towards me. I included everyone from NuGuatuso in the plans to move forward but unfortunately we lost challenge after challenge so getting rid of people became hard. Someone had to go and the discussion with my main alliance consisting of Brook, Chad and Gregg was for it to be you. It wasn’t me double dealing and scheming. Brook hated me and was prepared to turn everyone against me and he spun shit left, right and centre and you obviously believed him and he was successful because otherwise we got on well. As Chad says I was open with my strategy talk. You approached me wanting a four person alliance with Jolanda and Chad. I said that it sounds good. I never agreed to it. Chad did. I was loyal to my alliance with Brook and Chad. You and Jolanda were outside of the alliance and if we could pull off a win we could have worked together but it wasn’t meant to be. That was part of the reason I suggested that big fake fight in the hopes the other tribe would throw the challenge and we would be spared from getting rid of anyone. Brook was crazy in getting rid of me as he had me in the palm of his hand working with him and I think he knows that now. It’s all woulda, coulda, shoulda.

I think my game was more strategic as I made up that lie to gain trust and then I started that fake fight in the hopes for the other team to throw the challenge. Two pretty big moves in my short time. Some people didn't even make one move and they made it near the end. It's funny seeing how people interprut things.

Postby Lurker Ibrehem » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:10:22 pm

OfflineLurker Ibrehem
    John wrote:
    Lurker Ibrehem wrote:Your analysis has me totally interested Penny! : D
    Mostly in Ted and Ken, 2 players I don't know.

And John was actually a nice guy -- to your face, once Brook told us about his scheming was when things turned into a nightmare. Luckily we had unstable-Brook to help us take John out though. The time from when we first found out to when he was eliminated went by really quickly so we never got to have a huge blowout about it (until Brook and John's fight). Not that we wanted him to know we knew. :P

I am a nice guy. You just feel negative towards me. I included everyone from NuGuatuso in the plans to move forward but unfortunately we lost challenge after challenge so getting rid of people became hard. Someone had to go and the discussion with my main alliance consisting of Brook, Chad and Gregg was for it to be you. It wasn’t me double dealing and scheming. Brook hated me and was prepared to turn everyone against me and he spun shit left, right and centre and you obviously believed him and he was successful because otherwise we got on well. As Chad says I was open with my strategy talk. You approached me wanting a four person alliance with Jolanda and Chad. I said that it sounds good. I never agreed to it. Chad did. I was loyal to my alliance with Brook and Chad. You and Jolanda were outside of the alliance and if we could pull off a win we could have worked together but it wasn’t meant to be. That was part of the reason I suggested that big fake fight in the hopes the other tribe would throw the challenge and we would be spared from getting rid of anyone. Brook was crazy in getting rid of me as he had me in the palm of his hand working with him and I think he knows that now. It’s all woulda, coulda, shoulda.

I don't feel negative towards you anymore! icon_lol That was just me speaking based on last season.
    When I approached you for a 4-way alliance between us, Jo and Chad. That was only because Jolanda told me that you (not Chad) said you wanted one with us. Also, Brook's plan wasn't so crazy because Jo/Gregg/myself wanted to actually stick with him into the merge after your elimination, but... Maybe Gregg and Brook would have betrayed us, I don't know. They must have thought that with your lying you would only be more dangerous in the merge and thought we would be more loyal(?) Who knows, but it was either me or you. icon_razz

Postby Brook » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:23:08 pm

OfflineBrook
    This thread is a season too late

Postby John » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:06:21 pm

OfflineJohn
    Brook wrote:This thread is a season too late

Some people are a bit slow mate.
    Americans. What do you expect?

Postby Lurker Tom » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:39:49 pm

OfflineLurker Tom
    Lurker Ibrehem wrote:Also, Brook's plan wasn't so crazy because Jo/Gregg/myself wanted to actually stick with him into the merge after your elimination, but.

I'm still not over the fact that you were allowed to make new alliances after the swap, but I was the second coming of Satan when I did it. icon_lol icon_glare

Postby Lurker Penny » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:41:37 pm

OfflineLurker Penny
    Greecian Champion
    I do that all the time Tom dont even worry about it bay-bee!

Postby Brenda Lowe » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:15:07 am

OfflineBrenda Lowe
    Host
    lurker ryan wrote:Also I believe honesty is the best policy in ORGs. I never lie in games, and have always only told the truth icon_biggrin

Lurker Penny wrote:I didnt lie, honesty is the best policy. :)

icon_lol

You two are really working the long con in case of the next open-ID game eh?

Postby Lurker Penny » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:21:19 pm

OfflineLurker Penny
    Greecian Champion
    I legit probably wont be able to play even if I was asked haha. Depends when it is.

Postby Lurker Ibrehem » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:04:13 pm

OfflineLurker Ibrehem
    Lurker Tom wrote:
    Lurker Ibrehem wrote:Also, Brook's plan wasn't so crazy because Jo/Gregg/myself wanted to actually stick with him into the merge after your elimination, but.

I'm still not over the fact that you were allowed to make new alliances after the swap, but I was the second coming of Satan when I did it. icon_lol icon_glare

Wait. I was also planning on getting back with you, BJ, Kim and Caryn.
    I didn't know how long Brook would actually last with us. I would have said anything to stay. Don't you get it? I was the one going if John wasn't. icon_razz
    But my top-most interest was to rejoin you 4. And that's why you're Satan. icon_lol

Postby Lurker Caryn » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:30:59 pm

OfflineLurker Caryn
    You tell'em John!

Previous

Return to Lurkers